FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: WTT: My 2006 Ford Mustang GT for your Delorean

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

WTT: My 2006 Ford Mustang GT for your Delorean

I am looking to trade my 06 Ford Mustang GT for a Delorean of any year or transmission type as long as the car is in working order.

2006 Ford Mustang GT. Located in Virginia. Garage Kept. Great Condition (Has some chipped paint on the passenger side skirt from a very bad road, can't see it unless you get down on the ground). Automatic transmission, 4.6 lire V8. Odometer reading is just over 51k.
    Satin Silver with Black interior. I added some minor aesthetic mods (Interior and exterior) and a C&L Racer Cold Air Intake with a tuner (Currently tuned to octane 87). I have never consumed food or drink inside, non-smoker (So it has never been smoked in) and despite past financial issues, I always found a way to keep it maintained. The pictures were taken a while ago, so I'll get new ones up soon. Clean title in hand. I'm just getting kind of bored with the car and I'm ready to move on to what I really want.

Please contact me if interested or know of someone who might be interested.

Thanks,
    Jared
    DSC00736.jpgDSC00738.jpgDSC00733.jpgDSC00731.jpgDSC00729.jpgDSC00728.jpg
    Last edited by Roman Legion; 05-04-2013 at 11:26 PM.

It was not raining yesterday and I should have snapped some pictures of my car so potentially interested people can see what it looks like as of the current. But I was busy with school stuff, work and doing my matinence on my motorcycle. Rain or shine, I'll get pictures today. This car is always garage kept and it stays out of the rain when I can avoid it.

My VIN:    6125

As I mentioned in the other thread you're much better off just selling your mustang first and then buying a DeLorean. I can't think of any examples where someone here has been successful at trading their late model anything for a DeLorean.

There are a few mustang forums out there where people are looking specifically for what you have. The mustang guys will actually appreciate all the subtle mods and updates you may have into your car. You can also try autotrader, craigslist, ebay, etc.

You'll be able to buy a DeLorean no problem with a stack of cash in your hand. Keys to a mustang aren't going to work so well.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread you're much better off just selling your mustang first and then buying a DeLorean. I can't think of any examples where someone here has been successful at trading their late model anything for a DeLorean.
    You are quite right about him selling his mustang first. But I do recall somebody who had opened a Delorean sale thread and mentioned he wanted to also trade it for a modern muscle car.

Why don't you scan through the sale section. It was not longer than a couple months ago.

My VIN:    3305

How much cash do you get from a Ford Mustang GT?

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    You are quite right about him selling his mustang first. But I do recall somebody who had opened a Delorean sale thread and mentioned he wanted to also trade it for a modern muscle car.

Why don't you scan through the sale section. It was not longer than a couple months ago.
    I'm looking for the thread you described, not finding it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    How much cash do you get from a Ford Mustang GT?
    KBB shows my car for private party as $17k
    Last edited by Roman Legion; 05-10-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    LMAO!!! -- It bumped it to $18,200 Private Party.
    $18k for excellent, right? I could get very good, but not excellent. The plastic side skirt has some paint chipped off from a very bad local road I will never and have not gone down since. It's on plastic and under the car, so I never bothered doing anthing about it, it can't rust or really be seen. Interior is original and pristine, I never consume food or drink in the car, it is cleaned and polished at least once per month if I'm busy, otherwise it gets cleaned about ever 1-2 weeks. I changed the side markers that came stock as red, to being clear ones that blend in with the silver paint of the car, which looks great to me. Most of the bulbs are ultra bright LED, the ones that are not required wiring skills that I didn't know how to do and stuck on a to-do list. I added chrome trim to the tail lights to give it that 60's mustang look and swapped out the stock air intake with a C&L Racer CAI and retuned the car for it. I have it set to 87 octane, but it has two other tunes, the highest being for 93 octane.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Yes, for excellent.

I was interested because I live in Ford Country (Bill Elliot home town) and Mustangs are hot here. ..and I am about to turn loose of my D for a manual... We have a street legal (fully dressed) 02 that did a 10.2 at Commerce first time on the track (true quarter)... looking for another toy since it is sold this weekend.... Just hashing ideas.
    I better quit before your thread gets hijacked , again LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Yes, for excellent.

I was interested because I live in Ford Country (Bill Elliot home town) and Mustangs are hot here. ..and I am about to turn loose of my D for a manual... We have a street legal (fully dressed) 02 that did a 10.2 at Commerce first time on the track (true quarter)... looking for another toy since it is sold this weekend.... Just hashing ideas.
    I better quit before your thread gets hijacked , again LOL
    Well, if you're ever up in Virginia or East Tennessee (Bristol/ Kingsport area) I can show you the car. My car is very fast, turn overdrive off and accelerate even faster. You can ride around on 87 octane and use the tuner to switch to 93 if you want to hit the track. I hope you consider my car as a possible new toy.

Here are some pictures, I most were just taken a moment ago, its dark and humid as we just got a lot of rain in a short time, but the car remained gargaed the whole time. I must point out, one tire is not the same brand as the rest. All tires have excellent tread on them. Here is also a picture of the current mileage and an old picture of the CAI. If you want a picture of the tuner, I can get that too. I still have all the stock parts, in case someone wanted that over the aftermarket stuff I added.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

If you still have it, I will be in Norfolk June/July. But I couldn't trade outright considering the condition the D is in... Like I said, just hashing....

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast