FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WTT: My 2006 Ford Mustang GT for your Delorean

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Few more pictures as promised.

My VIN:    3299

FWIW, your Mustang is well taken care of. Good job on keeping it looking so nice, man !
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    FWIW, your Mustang is well taken care of. Good job on keeping it looking so nice, man !
    Thanks, I am very OCD about things being orderly and clean and I have seen the worst examples of maintenance or lacktherof. I once got a ride from a friend when I was in high school, he has never heard of putting trash in a bag or something and he consumed food and drinks in his car. His front seat had stuff in it, so I just hopped in the back. In the back was a landfill of fast food, literally old food and spilled drinks from him tossing them back there. It was so smelly and sticky, as soon as I walked in the back door to the house, I took my clothes off and tossed them in the washer. Another friend never did maintenance, every time he hit the ramp for the interstate, his car sounded like it was going to die. He never in all the years of ownership changed the air filter. My own father taught me to do basic things by his example of what not to do. He once owned a 1984 Renault Alliance and from the day he bought it to the day it died (1990?) He never once changed the oil in it. I hope whoever gets this car keeps it maintained as I have, it would be a shame for it to end up the next fast food landfill. Whatever DeLorean I get from this car, will be treated the same or better. Whenever I get home from driving the Mustang, I always get a damp microfiber cloth and wipe it down of dirt. It gets clay bared and waxed every few months. Every time it gets a wash, everything from the engine bay to the trunk sills are cleaned as far as my hand can reach. Oil change is going to happen in a few hundred more miles and full synthetic oil and K&N oil filter will be added as always. I regret I never kept a log of maintenance, but I started one on my motorcycle and I'm going to start one on my car, so at least the next owner will know when I last performed maintenance on different areas of the car. When I bought my motorcycle, I had to do full maintenance (Which I may have done anyway as a pre-caution) because I had no idea when anything had been done. I hope someone wants this car before the end of summer, I'd like to get in the seat of my very own DeLorean as soon as I can, to enjoy the warm months.

My VIN:    3305

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    I'd like to get in the seat of my very own DeLorean as soon as I can, to enjoy the warm months.
    Join the club! But sadly I think that I'll have to give up this "summer vision"...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    Join the club! But sadly I think that I'll have to give up this "summer vision"...
    I'm in a slighty different situation than you are, I'm in the US so all I'd have to do is drive it home or rent a Uhaul and trailer and tow it home, whereas you are in Italy, so it would be a whole dfferent headache. It's very much an attainable goal to get one before the end of summer, if someone contacts me about my car.

If anyone has more than one D, I'd hope they would consider trading one of their extra ones to not only help someone else get one, but also get a nice, fast car out of it. I'll consider rolling restorations as well, it can be a bit rough, it just has to run and be more or less in good mechanical order (Again, as in rolling restoration.).

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I seriously think you need to give up the notion of trading your mustang for a DeLorean. It's really not gonna happen.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    3305

Or at least it can happen, but it's probably much easier to sell the car first and then go for a DMC like our friend Mark said.

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I seriously think you need to give up the notion of trading your mustang for a DeLorean. It's really not gonna happen.
    You're kidding right? You might quit when things don't look like they're going your way, I'm not at that point yet. It's easy to tell others to quit when you have what they hope to have themselves.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

What happened with the guy on Craigslist with the DeLorean that was offered with the Ford flatbed? Wasn't he wanting to work out some kind of trade?

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    What happened with the guy on Craigslist with the DeLorean that was offered with the Ford flatbed? Wasn't he wanting to work out some kind of trade?
    He asked how much I wanted for my car if I were selling for cash and I never heard back from him again and he never offered any answers to my questions.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast