FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: A Restoration With A Twist.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Want to echo what everyone has said here.. I'm very sorry for your father's passing.. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    5482

I was very sad to see this news. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. I can recall trading a part or two with Jack. He was a super nice first class guy. He will be missed.
    Jeff

My VIN:    3028

That's too bad, I'm really sorry to hear this. Jack seemed liked one of those older classy gentleman, someone with many years of wisdom. How many original owners were there? I would have loved to have had the chance to sit down with him and hear his stories. My condolences to you Jenny and your family.
    Barry

My VIN:    6585

Not gonna lie. I didn't know him, nor did I really get a chance to follow most of his threads. But he does seem like a really nice guy who will be missed. So I am sorry to hear that he's gone.

But just wondering here, after that last time he had problems with the car, did he ever get it running again? Odd question, I know. But I just hope there was a happy ending.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    5628

I had read the forum...was unaware of his passing. My condolences to you and your family.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

And I was looking forward to meeting him.

I hope he went peacefully.

All the best to Jenny and the family.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    Formerly 10989

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's daughter View Post
    Hello, my name is Jenny, I'm Jack's daughter. Some of you may already know this but my Dad passed away on August 25th. His health declined throughout the summer. He was hospitalized for pneumonia and was not able to regain his health following that illness. As you know, my Dad LOVED his Delorean. I remember as a teenager, Daddy picking me up from seeing the movie Back to the Future...he was in his Delorean and it couldn't have been any cooler! It was a mad frenzy up there! That car brought my Dad so many years of enjoyment. I've read his posts on this Forum which has been difficult but was also meaningful to get to read new thoughts from my Dad. I want to thank you for providing a sense of community for him. The past couple of years, he spent a lot of his time in his chair on his laptop and he would mention this forum. It added to his quality of life for sure and it was a way for him to still enjoy his car even though he wasn't able to drive it.

We are in the process of selling his car which is very difficult. But I wanted to let you all know about my Dad's passing and how much you meant to him. I wish you all the best.
    The news of your dad's passing is weighing heavy on some of us. I never got the chance to meet Jack in person, even though we had arranged too at the hot air balloon show at the airport in Hot Springs but somehow we missed each other. Your dad was a gem. Deloreans tend to attract drama that becomes a headache for some (purists arguing with the BTTF and modified guys), your dad was just here to enjoy his love for his car. No drama, just love. He will be missed, he was one of my favorites in the DeLorean community. I will miss receiving emails from him talking about his car and DPI.
    Josh Porter

Sorry to hear of the loss. Sounded like an awesome guy with an awesome story!

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Jenny, I'm sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed reading your father's posts on here. He was truly one of a kind! He will be missed.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Not gonna lie. I didn't know him, nor did I really get a chance to follow most of his threads. But he does seem like a really nice guy who will be missed. So I am sorry to hear that he's gone.
    +1 ... didn't know him, but I had read a number of his posts (I rarely comment).

Anytime someone experiences the loss of a loved one, it's a sad day. By the responses here, he was a well liked and respected member of the DeLorean community. I offer my condolences.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast