FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: A Restoration With A Twist.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    ...but now I can't get the
    Driver's door open.
    Ha! It's always something with these cars, isn't it Jack!
    Jeff

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

There isn't much room in there and you have to be a contortionist
    to get in and out. I love the sound of the cams of the spec 2 engine especially at idle
    and at 4000 rpms. I felt the extra horsepower and she turns heads wherever she
    goes. It's good to have her back.
    Agreed on the spec 2; my car has a spec 2 engine, and it sounds so f'ing good.

But as to the contortionism; the D is nothing, check out this video of my good friend Steve getting in and out of my other car:

-Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    04915

Cruel and unusual punishment

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Agreed on the spec 2; my car has a spec 2 engine, and it sounds so f'ing good.

But as to the contortionism; the D is nothing, check out this video of my good friend Steve getting in and out of my other car:

I would have the Elise Permanently parked ... just to be admired not to drive.

After years of picking up things that are too heavy and holding them up too long my body is
    osteoarthritis bound and does not like to bend.
    Jack Skeens

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

More space even in a coffin!!!!
    Nah I prefer sports cars with leg room. laying on your back...
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    07000

Reminds me if when a Dodge salesman tried to sell me a Prowler...

My VIN:    3757

but now I can't get the
    Driver's door open. I tell you when I write my book a whole chapter will be devoted to me
    and my DeLorean.

Ok, you got the Auto doors, right... Make sure it is closed all the way, and the alarm is off...If I try to open with the alarm on it only 1/2 opens... Just a thought...

Craig

My VIN:    03037

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25174[/ATTACHSome of you asked about the interior so I've posted a few pics of where she lives.
    Nothing unusual here until one considers the car is 33 years old with 370K miles and a
    daily driver.
    I changed the oil about every 8K miles. All the carpet and interior components are original except
    for the seats and the driver's side carpet which could stand replacing again. I swapped the seats about every 40K
    to make them wear evenly. I use ArmorAll about every 6 months.
    Timeless. I likes the Momo pedals! And the radio... what type of car radio is that, a "Kenwood"?> It looks so familiar! JVC?
    ¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

Quote Originally Posted by skill View Post
    Timeless. I likes the Momo pedals! And the radio... what type of car radio is that, a "Kenwood"?> It looks so familiar! JVC?
    Hi Brian, thanks for the compliments ... the radio is an Alpine which was popular back in the day; heavily advertised
    with Lamborghini at the time.
    Jack Skeens

Yep, these little cars will make you pull your hair out ... well, not you Alex. A few days ago after a
    short drive, I pulled in the shop, turned the engine off and pulled the handle to get out ... nothing.
    No matter what I tried, including sticking my arm out and trying the outside handle, I was stuck!
    I tugged and pulled for probably 30 minutes. I had my phone with me but I didn't want anyone,
    that would be giving up. So then I decided to do the unthinkable ... crawl to the other seat and
    exit through the passenger door. With moves that would put Harry Houdini to shame and a lot of
    cussing I made it out.
    Then the fun began ... trying to open the door from the outside. I removed the upper panel,
    revealing a lot of the rods that open and lock the doors ... it was all Greek to me. Where were you
    Alex when I needed you? Josh, bless his heart, tried his best to guide me as I tried to open the door
    until we finally gave up. Even if we did open the door there was no way I could put it back together
    with all those little clips and things.
    So, I'm waiting for the truck to haul 4915 back to GPI. I didn't know what else to do. Ever since
    I've had a DeLorean I've heard those stories of people getting locked in their cars. I don't
    recommend it.
    Jack Skeens

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Jack,

Did you try putting the key in the lock and cycling it manually.

This happened to me when the first time I got in my car after I bought it 20 yrs ago. I was in the car. I ended up reaching through the window and putting the key in the lock cylinder and manually unlocked the door.

In my case it was a weak lock solenoid that prevented it from unlocking, and a Bad DLM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast