FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: A Restoration With A Twist.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    Yep, these little cars will make you pull your hair out ... well, not you Alex. A few days ago after a
    short drive, I pulled in the shop, turned the engine off and pulled the handle to get out ... nothing.
    No matter what I tried, including sticking my arm out and trying the outside handle, I was stuck!
    I tugged and pulled for probably 30 minutes. I had my phone with me but I didn't want anyone,
    that would be giving up. So then I decided to do the unthinkable ... crawl to the other seat and
    exit through the passenger door. With moves that would put Harry Houdini to shame and a lot of
    cussing I made it out.
    Then the fun began ... trying to open the door from the outside. I removed the upper panel,
    revealing a lot of the rods that open and lock the doors ... it was all Greek to me. Where were you
    Alex when I needed you? Josh, bless his heart, tried his best to guide me as I tried to open the door
    until we finally gave up. Even if we did open the door there was no way I could put it back together
    with all those little clips and things.
    So, I'm waiting for the truck to haul 4915 back to GPI. I didn't know what else to do. Ever since
    I've had a DeLorean I've heard those stories of people getting locked in their cars. I don't
    recommend it.
    That's sure happened to me. If I lock the passenger door then unlock it, it's stuck and requires removal of the upper door panel and a lot of fidgeting with all the rods to get it to open again. One of these days I'm going to get the doors fixed for good (if that's even possible).
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    04915

Hey it's me ...

I'm back to report on the continuing saga that is me and my DeLorean.
    I got the car back after DPI opened the doors which were stuck. Now, I've
    driven my favorite 30 mile loop twice with no surprises ... no, the surprise
    waited until the third loop. There I was, grinning as she took the curves in
    stride. I love the sound of the SS headers and enjoy the extra power of the
    spec II engine. Then in an instant she started coughing and spitting. It acted
    like she was running out of gas. I knew it couldn't be since I had driven less
    than a hundred miles since I filled it up. So, there I was. A couple of folks
    stopped to help but I had already called my brother-in-law to bring his trailer.
    We got her back in the shop where I immediately began looking for the culprit.
    I checked the fuel pump and it was running but no fuel pressure ... Dammit!!

I hate to admit it but I'd had enough. I closed her up, turned the lights off and
    walked up to the house. I made me a glass of lemonade and settled in my
    chair. I turned the TV on the channel with old westerns non-stop. Been there
    ever since.
    Jack Skeens

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    I checked the fuel pump and it was running but no fuel pressure ... Dammit!!
    Sorry to hear about the bad luck with car as of late

What pump are you running?

My VIN:    3757

Do you have the new combo fuel pump?..... So far Mine has been great....

Craig

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I hope you'll be able to find out what is going on with your fuel pump?

My VIN:    10155

Jacko,

Sounds like a simple fix to me. You have done what every DeLorean owner wants to do to their car. Hope you get going on it and send out some good news. Sounds like the car is part of your soul. My car has a clutch problem and can not be driven. I too need some inspiration. I have a new binnacle to install and I hope to start driving her as much as you have driven yours. There is a lot of people needing you to put a smile on their face, both the DeLorean owners and DeLorean fans. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hello friends of my Dad

Hello, my name is Jenny, I'm Jack's daughter. Some of you may already know this but my Dad passed away on August 25th. His health declined throughout the summer. He was hospitalized for pneumonia and was not able to regain his health following that illness. As you know, my Dad LOVED his Delorean. I remember as a teenager, Daddy picking me up from seeing the movie Back to the Future...he was in his Delorean and it couldn't have been any cooler! It was a mad frenzy up there! That car brought my Dad so many years of enjoyment. I've read his posts on this Forum which has been difficult but was also meaningful to get to read new thoughts from my Dad. I want to thank you for providing a sense of community for him. The past couple of years, he spent a lot of his time in his chair on his laptop and he would mention this forum. It added to his quality of life for sure and it was a way for him to still enjoy his car even though he wasn't able to drive it.

We are in the process of selling his car which is very difficult. But I wanted to let you all know about my Dad's passing and how much you meant to him. I wish you all the best.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Jenny,

I enjoyed many of your fathers posts.
    It was always refreshing to see an original owner so passionate for the car. He is the only original owner I am aware of to have his car fully restored.

Thank you for making us aware of his Passing.

Please accept my sincere condolences.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

So sorry to read such a bad news. I can't believe we won't be able to read your father's post anymore.
    My sincere condolences to you and your family.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Jenny,

your father was a shining example of what it means to be a DeLorean owner. He loved his car and loved to drive it. I am fairly certain that between his two cars, no one has driven a DeLorean further.

His posts here were always positive, extolling the virtues of owning the car, and above all, driving it. My only regret is not hearing more of his stories as I am sure he had many.

Thanks for letting us know the sad news and into your family a little. Jack was certainly a legend within dmctalk and the DeLorean community as a whole.

I'll be thinking of him
    Last edited by Dangermouse; 10-29-2015 at 09:16 AM.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast