FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DMC car cover. Your thoughts

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I bought the one that Ed in Europe sales, I think its the same from DMCH with the big logo.
    http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/produ...ucts_id=150001
    Anyway, still didn't put it on the car yet.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    I bought the one that Ed in Europe sales, I think its the same from DMCH with the big logo.
    http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/produ...ucts_id=150001
    Anyway, still didn't put it on the car yet.
    Hmmm.... interesting!

Unless DMCH changed the design of their cover since I purchased mine 10 years ago, the cover being offered by Ed appears to be very different from the current DMCH offering.

First, the DMCH cover has an embroidered 'DMC' on the material that covers the center of the grill, with no other logos anywhere.
    Ed's cover appears to have a printed/pressed on logo covering the entire surface area of the windshield and no embroidery.

Second, and perhaps it's just the picture on Ed's website, but the material of Ed's cover appears to be softer/lighter in texture, like cloth, while the DMCH cover is stiffer/heavier, like a polymer/hybrid material.

The product description for the DMCH cover:
    "Car Cover and Storage bag with embroidered DMC logo, Cable and Lock Included.
    Fabric-Intro-Guard: Silver Polyester Material, 150 Denier woven polyester coated with aluminized polyurethane and acrylic. Soft and non-abrasive to clear coat finishes. Will not absorb water like some perforated covers. Nearly water proof, yet breathable. Extremely lightweight and yet extremely protective. Custom cut mirror pockets. Eyelets for cable lock. Snug fit all the way around. Long and low coverage to keep wheels clean. Lifetime Warranty."

The product description for Ed's cover:
    "NEW MADE CAR COVER, WITH SOFT INNER MATERIAL, NO SCHATCH ANY MORE"

I'm certain that Ed's cover is a top-quality product, just as DMCH's cover is - just different.

One thing I love about the DMCH cover is the elastic corners - making it very easy for one person to put the cover on correctly in no time at all!

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    One thing I love about the DMCH cover is the elastic corners - making it very easy for one person to put the cover on correctly in no time at all!
    Mine is still in his bag, so I don't know about this point.
    Maybe Ed can give us a clue if he sees this thread.

My VIN:    6514

Club(s):   (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Bought one several years ago and use it constantly with no problems.
    Sadly, I have no garage and the car is kept outside year around. One of the things I love about this particular cover...It comes with 2 nylon straps (1 for each end of the car) that snap into plastic locks which help to secure the cover in windy conditions.
    I have had the so-called "Walmart Cover", and when it got windy I would come home to find either the entire cover, or either the front/rear had been lifted, exposing part of the car.
    Sometimes the entire cover would blow completley off and I would find it across the street or across my yard.
    So, even in windy conditions, if the elastic doesn't completley do the job, these straps will.
    Plus, putting the cover on is a breeze for one person !
    The way I understand it, no cover is or should be totally waterproof, as the material should be breathable so as not to trap any moisture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2