FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brake Fluid Leak?

My VIN:    2245

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    I have the same sort of leak issue, but coming from the other side. I have fluid leaking from the slave cylinder side. I found bubbled epoxy on the frame rail by the braided ss clutch line in front of the drivers rear wheel. I have also found a very occasional drip onto my drip pan where brake fluid is collecting on the bottom of the transmission, then onto the drip pan. I cannot seem to find the source. When I look up at the trans I see nothing wet up from the where the drip collects. when I look up to the ss braded clutch line connection to the hard pipe going to the slave cylinder, I don't see anything wet. I feel like i have 2 issues. One being a leaking ss cluctch line and maybe a leaking slave cylinder? Will the slave cylinder leak into the trans bell house then onto the bottom of the trans? And has anyone had issues with DMCH ss braided clutch line leaking? I cant seem to track this leak down....

Thoughts on where to look?
    If you do need a new slave you can get them on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/163670165205
    don't buy DMCH's junk parts.

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    If you do need a new slave you can get them on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/163670165205
    don't buy DMCH's junk parts.
    And then you do get this slave cylinder, just send it straight to Rob Grady to get a brass sleeve installed in it. Never worry about your slave cylinder again after he's worked it over.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3