FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Engine just revs.

My VIN:    'Was' 2412

This happened to me years ago. But it got worse on me quick..... I drained, cleaned the filter, re-filled then all was good and cruisin.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

This does sound like a mechanical, not electrical problem. When checking the fluid you should also smell it, look at it, and feel it between your fingers. If it smells burnt, feels gritty, or looks very dark it needs to be changed ASAP. Slipping while driving is deadly to the internals. You can quickly damage the clutch packs. Do not drive on it until you find and fix the reason it is slipping or you will be rebuilding the transmission and that is a big job. Pull the filter, cut it open and clean it. Check the line pressure. If it is still slipping after that you probably have blown a clutch pack.
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (DMA)

Thanks for all of the quick responses. It seems to be a little more involved time wise that I have rigt now. It will have to wait untill this semister is done.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Park it if you can -- There's beating dead horses...but with the symptom(s) here, it can't be stress enough how quickly and easily those clutches will turn to toast, no matter how well you baby it !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2