FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cellphone thread: Post up your weapon of choice

My VIN:    891, 1045

I'm also carrying a Samsung Galaxy Note II. I have a lot of people ask me how I could possibly use the phone so big but I'm asleep using my iPhone as an iPod it now is annoying. If you have small hands I wouldn't suggest it as I'm pretty good at using it with just one hand.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Samsung Galaxy S3
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

I have a Verizon / Casio Gz-One. Hermetcially sealed, shock proof, water proof, vibration proof. I have had it for about 2 years now. It's been dropped, ran over, rained on and even used as a 'fetch item' for a swimming pool game.

With the blue tooth feature activated to my headset I can put it in glass of water and make and receive calls from it.

Has a flashlight, compass, pedometer, thermometer, tidal schedule, sunrise/sunset schedule and an astro calendar.

Browser capability is limited but works. Battery life is about 3 days with intermentant use and 2 days of frequent use.

Texting on it sucks.

Love the phone. Which I could find another carrying case as the I have is on it's last legs being it's over 2 years old.

Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II. It's basically a Samsung Galaxy S3 with a slightly smaller screen and a physical slide-out keyboard. VERY satisfied with it. It's at least 100x better than my POS Motorola Droid 2 Global I had before it.

(I have a thing for slide-out keyboards. I like being able to feel the physical keys with 95% accuracy and 0% wasted screen space rather than tap buttons on a screen with only 50% accuracy and 50% to 80% wasted screen space. Always have, always will.)

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    I have a Verizon / Casio Gz-One.
    I used to have one of those at my old job. Nice rugged phone, but it frustrated the living hell out of me because it was so slow to change tasks. I used to work service outages and when I had to rapidly hang up with one person and contact another, the damn thing would just take forever. Misdial the number or choose the wrong contact and have to hang up and start again? I had to wait through the stupid notification that it was disconnecting. Rotary phones were faster. For 99% of users, it wasn't a big deal. But when you're working an emergency outage where you have to account for every minute spent and literally have to answer for it in a meeting later on, it was frustrating to no end. Having said that, If I didn't have an iPhone I'd probably go with the Gz-One myself as a personal phone.

Up until I got my 4S, I never had anything as fast as the Motorola i1000. Used that phone back in the 90's and into the 2000's at different jobs and it was awesome. Press a button and the thing would just do whatever you told it to. Plus with NEXTEL it was always fun to hear the "CH-CH-CH-CH----BRRRRRRRRRR" come through your computer speakers right before the phone rang. And if you went into any fast food restaurant and chirped the phone, every single blue collar worker would snap their heads down to look at their phone and see who was PTTing them.

I miss NEXTEL...
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    891, 1045

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II. It's basically a Samsung Galaxy S3 with a slightly smaller screen and a physical slide-out keyboard. VERY satisfied with it. It's at least 100x better than my POS Motorola Droid 2 Global I had before it.

(I have a thing for slide-out keyboards. I like being able to feel the physical keys with 95% accuracy and 0% wasted screen space rather than tap buttons on a screen with only 50% accuracy and 50% to 80% wasted screen space. Always have, always will.)
    I don't tap my screen. I drag k or slide my finger to type. Is a very cool function.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Banned

Here is a picture of my phone. It isn't fancy but it gets the job done.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I'm curious what our European and Australia members use. Are they embroiled in an iPhone/ android war or is there a default most-popular phone in the various countries?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I'm curious what our European and Australia members use. Are they embroiled in an iPhone/ android war or is there a default most-popular phone in the various countries?
    I have a Nokia Lumia phone with Windows 7 on it, but only because I won it in a Microsoft Xbox 360 game design competition; wouldn't have bought a Windows phone.

My VIN:    04915

I have an Iphone 4s. There's no way I'll ever learn to use all it's features but I like it except for the rubber case it's in. Hard to get it out of my pocket.
    Jack Skeens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast