FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ears and eyes open for Kegs please

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Ears and eyes open for Kegs please

I'm looking to buy a couple soda syrup kegs called Cornelius (Corny) kegs or Firestone kegs. They are the tall thin ones with an oval access lid on the top. They come with two quick connects; either ball locks or pin locks. Either is OK, but I prefer ball lock.

Maybe you know someone that got out of brewing or maybe you know of a couple laying around in a garage or restaurant. I keep my eye on Craig's list, but we know how that works.

Thanks.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    I'm looking to buy a couple soda syrup kegs called Cornelius (Corny) kegs or Firestone kegs. They are the tall thin ones with an oval access lid on the top. They come with two quick connects; either ball locks or pin locks. Either is OK, but I prefer ball lock.

Maybe you know someone that got out of brewing or maybe you know of a couple laying around in a garage or restaurant. I keep my eye on Craig's list, but we know how that works.

Thanks.
    I threw out about 50 of those from my storage unit when I left SoFla, because I used to work for Coca Cola and had a premix fountain system set up in my old apartment.

I still have a few contacts at Coke, so let me see if I can find anyone who may still have any.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I threw out about 50 of those from my storage unit when I left SoFla, because I used to work for Coca Cola and had a premix fountain system set up in my old apartment.

I still have a few contacts at Coke, so let me see if I can find anyone who may still have any.
    50!

I'm sure there are tons of them sitting unused in garages everywhere...it's just about finding them. Thanks.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    50!

I'm sure there are tons of them sitting unused in garages everywhere...it's just about finding them. Thanks.
    There really are alot of them everywhere. You may want to try small beverage syrup companies that deal in bulk syrups for restaurants. I'm sure they still use those canisters.

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    3757

There was a time when they were $5 each, when the Bag-N-Box started, most got sold off the Mexico, but then they became popular for home brew beer, now they are like $40 ea. Tons on E-Bay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-gallon-b...#ht_329wt_1058

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-2-5-GALL...f#ht_570wt_989

I sell REAL Home Soda Systems, but they are all Bag-N-Box... AtHomeSoda.com

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    There was a time when they were $5 each, when the Bag-N-Box started, most got sold off the Mexico, but then they became popular for home brew beer, now they are like $40 ea. Tons on E-Bay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-gallon-b...#ht_329wt_1058

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-2-5-GALL...f#ht_570wt_989

I sell REAL Home Soda Systems, but they are all Bag-N-Box... AtHomeSoda.com

Craig
    I still have my post mix setup Gotta love the convenience!

Damn, I went to buy them tonight and they were gone.... same guy has a 4 pack of them right now, but I really only need 2. I don't really feel like going the reseller route, but I might. Anyone else got any leads? I don't want to get into a bidding match on the other auction.... if they are still at this price in 4 days, we'll talk...
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Quest is over. www.homebrewstuff.com I bought 2 @ $59.00 apiece along with a filter kit and a few small things I needed. Best of all was flat rate $7.95 shipping on $200 worth of stuff.

I prefer the ball locks to pin locks since that's what I already have.

I'm going to go from conical fermenter, gravity drain into secondary carboy, CO2 pressure transfer out of carboy, through filter into keg. For lagers (new to me), it will be straight into a keg with the pressure relief valve removed and replaced with a bubbler, into the refrigerator at ~50* and then pressure transferred out of keg, through filter and into another keg for lagering and carbonating.

The water supply in my part of the world isn't very cold in the summer. As a result, counterflow chillers would need ice chests and pumps to be truly effective. I've had great luck in simply freezing zip lock bags full of water into giant ice cubes and using these to bring me up to 5 gallons while cooling the wort.

Thanks for the eyeballs.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

You scored on the shipping, they are big and not cheap to ship, way cool....How soon will the beer be ready???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast