FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deloreans with some non-standard extra's

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by cybercusp View Post
    There's a speedo app for iphone with a heads up speedometer feature. It's called "SpeedHUD". Just sit the ;iphone on the bottom lip of the binnacle with the app running so the screen reflects onto the binnacle; it reflects the digital speed readout perfectly into the binnacle's clear plastic. I used it when my angle drive was out and got hooked on it. Nothing to install other than laying your phone on the lip of the binnacle.
    How is the data usage on this? I currently get 500MB a month and use very little of it (normally on WiFi). I wasn't sure if GPS apps chew through data as I only have used a golf GPS app in the past and it chewed through my battery before I could use it enough to see how the data usage was. At least in the car you can plug it in to keep it charged.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10084

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    How is the data usage on this? I currently get 500MB a month and use very little of it (normally on WiFi). I wasn't sure if GPS apps chew through data as I only have used a golf GPS app in the past and it chewed through my battery before I could use it enough to see how the data usage was. At least in the car you can plug it in to keep it charged.
    I have a data plan for the phone and I never went over my limit. I dont believe GPS will count towards your data usage. I agree on the battery usage, fortunately I have a data cable to my stereo that double as the charger so it was never an issue and I usually have my phone plugged in; iphone seems to be a power hog for me.
    Michael Todd
    St. Louis

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    What's the 'airbag' originally? Some sort of car cover?
    The DMC car cover tote-bag.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    05287

I'll try and get some pictures this evening but one of the previous owners attempted or did add cruise control to my D.

Looks like its out of some 80's Chevy / GMC looking at the Dana control box & lever they added on the steering column... I am planning on removing it when I have some free time!

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

I have a data plan for the phone and I never went over my limit. I dont believe GPS will count towards your data usage.
    Correct, GPS doesn't use the mobile data connection at all and will in fact work in areas where you have no mobile signal (but can still see the GPS constellation).
    GPS speedos are convenient but there's an annoying lag to the speed output, that's why I went for a conventional digital speedo.

I considered putting headlight washers on, but there's no easy way to combine it with streamlined headlight covers.

My VIN:    05141

The head up display was installed by Deloman in Germany. the black area is not as bas ad it looks in the pictures however.
    The headlight washer is indeed common there, to rinse the snow off the headlights.
    The "airbag" isd the bag to house the carcover. It was brand new, and it looked like an airbag, so I tought I coud fool some people with it.

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    GPS speedos are convenient but there's an annoying lag to the speed output, that's why I went for a conventional digital speedo.
    Get a GPS with accelerometers and that problem goes away.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

One of the guys in Ireland came up with this a few years ago. Much better access:

Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5090

There's a speedo app for iphone with a heads up speedometer feature. It's called "SpeedHUD". Just sit the ;iphone on the bottom lip of the binnacle with the app running so the screen reflects onto the binnacle; it reflects the digital speed readout perfectly into the binnacle's clear plastic. I used it when my angle drive was out and got hooked on it. Nothing to install other than laying your phone on the lip of the binnacle.
    Tried this out last nite, great app! Did notice one quirk. I set my phone in the binnacle with the HUD displaying onto the tach area, the tach every minute would fluctuate wildly and then settle down. Moving the phone 2 inches to the left cured the issue. Iphone 4 antenna curse ?

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    I considered putting headlight washers on, but there's no easy way to combine it with streamlined headlight covers.
    What about tiny jets pointing sideways out towards the headlight covers inside the grill slots? May not work at a standstill but could work at speed.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast