FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLoran DMC-12 Incandescent and LED Bulb Reference

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

DeLoran DMC-12 Incandescent and LED Bulb Reference

So I posted this a while ago, and I've gotten good feedback on the topic, the details....

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Ok, I've been off work on a staycation, and was able to find time to get some things done around the house and the car, and my blog.

So today I posted this today:
    "Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."
    ....related to and in research to, this original thread.

Yeah, it's a bit long...but I tried to make it comprehensive, and it is based on my experiences with a completed full LED conversion. Hope you all find it useful.

Oh, here's a picture at dusk with all LEDs on:

I finally got to chance to post an update to the blog linked above. It adds a comprehensive PDF document that lists of all the bulbs in our cars and their incandescent and LED substitutes. More details at the blog site, but here is a direct link to the reference:

Link: DeLoran DMC-12 Incandescent and LED Bulb Reference

Sample:

Hope you all find it useful.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

Only A Gibson Is Good Enough DeLorean937's Avatar

My VIN:    5712 - Ace Frehley's DMC

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    So I posted this a while ago, and I've gotten good feedback on the topic, the details....

I finally got to chance to post an update to the blog linked above. It adds a comprehensive PDF document that lists of all the bulbs in our cars and their incandescent and LED substitutes. More details at the blog site, but here is a direct link to the reference:

Link: DeLoran DMC-12 Incandescent and LED Bulb Reference

Sample:

Hope you all find it useful.

Absolutley amazing Ozzie!! This will save me so much time and headache. Thank you for what you do.

-Robert

My VIN:    3299

Extremely well put together. I remember all we went through finding the LEDs for this car back in 2004 - sheesh .... it is amazing how much things have changed, and you have done a simply marvelous job putting all the information together!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Ozzie,

The only thing I'd add after doing a quick check of your charts is that (IMO) the best deal for the festoon LEDs are the 16 diode ones from china you can order off eBay. They're about a buck each an cast an amazing amount of light.

Otherwise I've used your blog in the past to work on my own LED replacement. Thanks for your work!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    5312

Ozzie thank you so much for taking the time to do this, its exactly what i needed to finish the led's in my car!

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Ozzie thank you so much for taking the time to do this, its exactly what i needed to finish the led's in my car!
    Cool, thanks.
    Glad you and others have found it useful.

BTW: All my original LEDs are still functional, after several years now, and many miles.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

My VIN:    03572

I've not had any LED failures either. Even my low cost off the shelf brake lights and front turn signals don't have any burned out LEDs yet. I think the LEDs these days have most of the bugs worked out of them.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/