FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Another possible 500 series Delorean has been found in NH!!

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    but I hate leather. It's sticky as hell in the summer and makes you slide around while you drive. Cloth keeps you cool and grips and holds you in place.
    That fine if you dont like leather. But just for the record... A properly plush leather DeLorean seat will hold you in place just fine. Dried out leather seats will not. Other options to reduce the sweaty-stick in summer is getting the perforated seat covers DMC sells, or adding active cooling to them. Window tint does wonders as well.

You also weren't the first to have cloth seats. Marty Maier did his sometime before 2000, and I think I've seen cars sitting since the 80's or early 90's with them as well.

This particular car does doesn't *look* as bad to me as Chris made it seem. From the photos, its missing an engine cover screen and a shift boot. Electrical compartment is opened up but doesn't mean its in bad shape. Everything else appears fully intact at least as dreaded-previous-owner modifications**/neglect goes. Oh, and those cloth seat covers can be replaced easily enough as well...

**Edit: Except that big red wire in the interior.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    1710

There are all sorts of weird things going on in that engine compartment: the original coolant bottle painted black, no idle microswitch, the vacuum line connecting the valve cover & the intake airbox is capped off, the wiring harness looks like it's routed over the top of the intake manifold, etc. The electrical compartment being opened with a tumble of spliced wires coming out is further proof of electrical gremlins. Trying to restore a car like this one would take years off my life!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YUZfzZNbizs

A little ways in is 1015 getting loaded onto the first shipment of cars. Kinda near to see this ones sibling.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    That fine if you dont like leather. But just for the record... A properly plush leather DeLorean seat will hold you in place just fine.
    Not the way I drive they don't. And it's also the same reasoning that Mazda had with the 3rd Gen RX-7. Besides, even with constant cleaning and moisturizing of seats like many DeLoreans and other cars I've been in, I always feel like I'm swimming in the seats because they're so slick. I also hate it when I wear shorts or a wifebeater and my legs and shoulders stick to the seats.

Marty may very well have used the same material. It's not like it was never available previously. But everyone told me they'd never seen that cloth used before, and again, advised me against it on aesthetics. The other big difference of course is that my seats are 100% cloth. Again, I only want cloth seats.

https://picasaweb.google.com/dmcvega...59093755241298

They're darker in person, but the flash just makes them look lighter.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    Formerly 2744

Club(s):   (DCF) (DMCNE)

I'll chime in here. I'm the "inside guy" The car has been sitting in a barn for 10+ years. Right now its at a repair shop awaiting repairs. However since the owner has not paid any money, the car sits outside. The owner is interested in selling but is asking WAY too much. She wants $25k. The owner of the shop will be giving me the owners contact info if anyone is interested in talking her back down to reality

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    Turns out its not a 500 series, but VIN 1014. Really sad shape of a DMC. Sorry to get everone worked up about seeing a 500 series DMC.
    Wait a minute, this looks like the same exact fender antenna I have!

It even has the same tilting at the base! I always thought it was a cheap chinese generic, but maybe not What's the history behind 1014's antenna? Is it known when and where it was added, or where it was sourced from?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Mine is the same as that, if it screws off.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by T_Stanley View Post
    I'll chime in here. I'm the "inside guy" The car has been sitting in a barn for 10+ years. Right now its at a repair shop awaiting repairs. However since the owner has not paid any money, the car sits outside. The owner is interested in selling but is asking WAY too much. She wants $25k. The owner of the shop will be giving me the owners contact info if anyone is interested in talking her back down to reality
    Mechanic's lien + sale to recuperate losses = you getting a DeLorean.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Stanley View Post
    It will deteriorate much faster outdoors than in a barn.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Mine is the same as that, if it screws off.
    The only screwing off mine can do is completely removing the entire assembly. The way mine works, the antenna itself has two hooks that grip the underside of the fender. The black half-sphere base and chrome cover for said base rest against the top of the fender, and a chrome nut goes on top of that, tightening the hooks against the bottom of the fender. The diagram of this is in service bulletin ST-12-9/81. I always thought the masts DMC provided were flexible, but the mast in that picture clearly is not, and neither is mine. It's not a "removable" antenna in the sense that you can remove just the mast and leave the base in there for car washes and such, if that's what you meant. You'd have to completely remove the entire assembly, disconnect it from the radio, and plug up the hole to go to a car wash.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast