FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Another possible 500 series Delorean has been found in NH!!

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    The only screwing off mine can do is completely removing the entire assembly. The way mine works, the antenna itself has two hooks that grip the underside of the fender. The black half-sphere base and chrome cover for said base rest against the top of the fender, and a chrome nut goes on top of that, tightening the hooks against the bottom of the fender. The diagram of this is in service bulletin ST-12-9/81. I always thought the masts DMC provided were flexible, but the mast in that picture clearly is not, and neither is mine. It's not a "removable" antenna in the sense that you can remove just the mast and leave the base in there for car washes and such, if that's what you meant. You'd have to completely remove the entire assembly, disconnect it from the radio, and plug up the hole to go to a car wash.
    I wonder if a QAC was responsible for those antennas, as they seem geographically too wide spread to have come from any particular dealership, but too common to be individual original owner modifications.

The fixed mast fender mounted antenna from the factory is indeed flexible/whip and the entire assembly, base and shaft, are black in color. The shaft is also separately removable from the base by simply unscrewing it with a pair of adjustable pliers.

Another antenna question regarding this car is whether or not it also has a windshield embedded antenna as it should.
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 05-21-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I wonder if a QAC was responsible for those antennas, as they seem geographically too wide spread to have come from any particular dealership, but too common to be individual original owner modifications.
    I'm 88% positive mine came from the QAC center in or around New Jersey, so if 1014 was at any point at that QAC center that would explain how they're the same. If it's a generic as I've been thinking, the QAC center could have purchased a batch of them and installed them on various VIN's as needed.

My VIN:    1019

VIN 1014 was built 5 cars ahead of mine. My car still has the windshield antenna not the fender one. I'm still trying to figure out if my car was part of the first shipment.

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

I spent some quality time with 1014 this morning. It's still just sitting there -- 10 years outside now with no cover, 18 years since it was last on the road. Stainless and frame actually still look ok. Everything else is rough. Water is leaking and pooling inside (there's a pond where your feet sit), fuse/electrical modifications galore, cracked everything, moisture/mold setting in, roof box issues, etc. The good news is that the price has come down from 5 years ago. Instead of $25k, it's now $15k. I'm crunching some numbers. Would love to get this back on NH roads
    20180403_105304.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DannonWeb View Post
    I spent some quality time with 1014 this morning. It's still just sitting there -- 10 years outside now with no cover, 18 years since it was last on the road. Stainless and frame actually still look ok. Everything else is rough. Water is leaking and pooling inside (there's a pond where your feet sit), fuse/electrical modifications galore, cracked everything, moisture/mold setting in, roof box issues, etc. The good news is that the price has come down from 5 years ago. Instead of $25k, it's now $15k. I'm crunching some numbers. Would love to get this back on NH roads
    20180403_105304.jpg
    10 years ago it probably didn't have a lake inside it. 15k now? Does that include the eco system in the floor? Honestly I just don't understand how some people go apeshit over a car let alone based on it's vin number.

You are honestly going to to see if you can scrape up the money and give him his number and reward this guy for what he has done(or in this case didn't do)? Tell him to sit back and spend another decade watching it deteriorate even further. He doesn't deserve yours or anyone else's money.

Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    10 years ago it probably didn't have a lake inside it. 15k now? Does that include the eco system in the floor? Honestly I just don't understand how some people go apeshit over a car let alone based on it's vin number.

You are honestly going to to see if you can scrape up the money and give him his number and reward this guy for what he has done(or in this case didn't do)? Tell him to sit back and spend another decade watching it deteriorate even further. He doesn't deserve yours or anyone else's money.

Let it go.
    Haha. You actually read my mind when I spoke with him. My offer, if any, will be SIGNIFICANTLY below asking. He received an offer yesterday that he rejected. I didn't pry nor care to find out what the offer was exactly...

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

It's what you don't see that is even more scary. Does the motor even turn over or is it seized? Can you really examine the frame well enough to assess it's condition? Even though the price may have come down the price of the parts the car will require has gone up making it even more expensive to rebuild the car. Figure $20K worth of just parts PLUS your labor.
    David Teitelbaum

To whoever winds up buying this car, since I see the same antenna that I'm running and came with my car, if you want to know where I sourced a brand new one, you'll need the base of a Ford antenna and the top of a universal antenna, both made by Metra. Removable masts are nice, buying both means you have an immediate replacement handy if it decides to go sideways like it's sitting in yesterday's shot. (I know, I'm probably the only guy that likes fender antennas, but at least I keep mine looking nice ). This exactly matches the TSB entry on installing a fender antenna.

My VIN:    Formerly 2744

Club(s):   (DCF) (DMCNE)

I tried making an offer as well, but my intention was to part it out. But as I predicted, my offer was rejected. Probably best to let this one go. There are plenty of others out there

Letting it go. Hopefully he'll come down and someone is able to rescue or at least part it out someday. Here's a link to some photos I snapped this week: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...G2zPwluMG_lg0f

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast