Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 2013 Tech Session

  1. #1
    Senior Member Evildeli's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sanford, FL

    Posts:    233

    My VIN:    3004

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    2013 Tech Session

    Is anyone interested in a session or hang out? I know my schedule has been tight with new baby and all, but I got a set of front springs that I would like to put in. I think the project seems pretty straight forward if you go from the top, but I'm concerned about handling the springs by myself and I think I'd be more comfortable with help(especially if anyone has done the work already), or I hand it off to a mechanic, but where's the fun there?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Beachdrifter's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Space Coast, FL *USA*

    Posts:    114

    My VIN:    * 5945 * Oct, 31, 1981. FranKenDeLorean

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeli View Post
    Is anyone interested in a session or hang out? I know my schedule has been tight with new baby and all, but I got a set of front springs that I would like to put in. I think the project seems pretty straight forward if you go from the top, but I'm concerned about handling the springs by myself and I think I'd be more comfortable with help(especially if anyone has done the work already), or I hand it off to a mechanic, but where's the fun there?
    Hi John,

    I understand how you feel. I actually installed Eibach springs in the rear myself, but I chickened out on the fronts. Wasn't in the mood to try to take apart a 30 y/o suspension and play with springs in a close area. So I left it to a professional and was inexpensive too. It's not a bad thing to give yourself a break once in awhile and let someone else sweat over it.

    I would like to see a tech session later this year once things cool down, that would be nice. I plan to take my car to DMC FL for the first time later this year!! Never been there, and I am stoked. I decided to get them to install a clutch kit, and fresh leather seat covers.

    Good luck in whatever you do..
    -Randy
    ** A wave is like an empty canvas, waiting for a masterpiece -- unknown **
    ** VIN 5945 - FranKenDeLorean Oct 31, 1981 ** SpaceCoast, FL, USA ** DMCTalk Member/DMCOwner Since 2005

  3. #3
    Senior Member Evildeli's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sanford, FL

    Posts:    233

    My VIN:    3004

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachdrifter View Post
    Hi John,

    I understand how you feel. I actually installed Eibach springs in the rear myself, but I chickened out on the fronts. Wasn't in the mood to try to take apart a 30 y/o suspension and play with springs in a close area. So I left it to a professional and was inexpensive too. It's not a bad thing to give yourself a break once in awhile and let someone else sweat over it.

    I would like to see a tech session later this year once things cool down, that would be nice. I plan to take my car to DMC FL for the first time later this year!! Never been there, and I am stoked. I decided to get them to install a clutch kit, and fresh leather seat covers.

    Good luck in whatever you do..
    -Randy
    Yeah, no one responded so I'm getting the springs done by my mechanic. I just don't want to mess up with springs.

    If you have the seat covers I can do them for you. I did mine, Brandon's, and 2 other cars.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Beachdrifter's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Space Coast, FL *USA*

    Posts:    114

    My VIN:    * 5945 * Oct, 31, 1981. FranKenDeLorean

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeli View Post
    Yeah, no one responded so I'm getting the springs done by my mechanic. I just don't want to mess up with springs.

    If you have the seat covers I can do them for you. I did mine, Brandon's, and 2 other cars.
    Thanks John, I remember you mentioning that before. Wow, you must be a pro by now. How fast can you change one out? I plan on getting mine from DMCH. I read a DIY on it and it seems like a meticulous job, but doable. I may take you up on your offer it you are up for it later this year, and we can give it a shot.

    --Randy
    ** A wave is like an empty canvas, waiting for a masterpiece -- unknown **
    ** VIN 5945 - FranKenDeLorean Oct 31, 1981 ** SpaceCoast, FL, USA ** DMCTalk Member/DMCOwner Since 2005

  5. #5
    Senior Member Evildeli's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sanford, FL

    Posts:    233

    My VIN:    3004

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachdrifter View Post
    Thanks John, I remember you mentioning that before. Wow, you must be a pro by now. How fast can you change one out? I plan on getting mine from DMCH. I read a DIY on it and it seems like a meticulous job, but doable. I may take you up on your offer it you are up for it later this year, and we can give it a shot.

    --Randy
    Takes me about 4 hours per seat. It reminds me of sanding stainless steel. The first time is scary. First time cutting through leather can be nerve racking but once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard. Just a little time consuming and my hands hurt after, but the results are worth it. Let me know when you're ready. You have grey interior, right?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Beachdrifter's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Space Coast, FL *USA*

    Posts:    114

    My VIN:    * 5945 * Oct, 31, 1981. FranKenDeLorean

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeli View Post
    Takes me about 4 hours per seat. It reminds me of sanding stainless steel. The first time is scary. First time cutting through leather can be nerve racking but once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard. Just a little time consuming and my hands hurt after, but the results are worth it. Let me know when you're ready. You have grey interior, right?
    Cool man , yah, I have the grey interior and will likely stick to the stock color. Not exactly sure about the 2 tone covers.
    ** A wave is like an empty canvas, waiting for a masterpiece -- unknown **
    ** VIN 5945 - FranKenDeLorean Oct 31, 1981 ** SpaceCoast, FL, USA ** DMCTalk Member/DMCOwner Since 2005

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •