FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: "Rakoon to the Future" Time Machine Conversion 'KICKSTARTER' Campaign

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    No matter what one does or says, someone will always take offense to something, so I'm not really all that worried about it to be honest. It's the internet, a virtual land not for the faint of heart. A good life lesson is to try not taking anything personally, and it directly carries over to the internet, where so many people want you to take things personally for their amusement.

I'd like to think the DMCTalk forum community is more than just some random internet people. It's a place where we all can relate to one thing, our cars.

I don't think I need a lecture from you on life lessons. You're the one looking for help finding a car.

Trust me, I do not find any of this amusing.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    I'd like to think the DMCTalk forum community is more than just some random internet people. It's a place where we all can relate to one thing, our cars.

I don't think I need a lecture from you on life lessons. You're the one looking for help finding a car.

Trust me, I do not find any of this amusing.
    That and it's such a small community, that many of the more active users here have actually met one another before.
    1-800-273-8255

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Just keep in mind that doing so might rub some folks here (myself being one) the wrong way. As a result, those folks may be less than willing to assist you in your future ownership. Just look at the threads like this one where contributors are poking fun while at the same time disgusted with these internet "give me money cause I want a fancy car" schemes.

I have a sick family member who used a similar service to raise $ for a medical operation overseas. That is a worthy cause, especially when insurance doesn't cover the expenses. Asking for money for a car you'd like to have is sickening to me.

It's a free country so do whatever you want. If there's people dumb enough to contribute... whatever.
    Good Grief, lighten up a little. He wasn't being serious and your threat to "be less than willing to assist" is about as threatening as a 10% chance of scattered showers...your "valuable" input on any future problems anyone on your s%^t list may have will most certainly be sorely missed.

Meanwhile, back in the land of thicker skins here is what I believe kickstarter is all about. I have followed these guys for awhile. It's a cool twist on a old idea and it really paid off for them. The first generation design from the backers was made and sold, and now the second generation has come.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...volution/posts

And here is their second campaign wit a video:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...olights-wheels
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I don't think I need a lecture from you on life lessons.
    Likewise.

Anyway, back on topic.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Good Grief, lighten up a little. He wasn't being serious and your threat to "be less than willing to assist" is about as threatening as a 10% chance of scattered showers...your "valuable" input on any future problems anyone on your s%^t list may have will most certainly be sorely missed.
    Serious or not, we're all entitled to our own opinions. I wasn't trying to threaten him as much as let him know that using services like Kickstart to get people to give him money for a car could be frowned down upon by folks like myself.
    Jeff

My VIN:    10777

Why not just save up your money and buy one like a normal responsible person instead?

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Save some dough. Get your car. Its the way responsible adults have been financing their hobbies for years now. In the long run, it really is the best way to fly.

That's what I'm doing, just taking a little longer than I hoped but it will happen...

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I just want to know why they guy is so fixated about Raccoons....

Cause that's kinda weird right?

Plus he cant even spell Raccoon properly, probably cause the beard..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6