FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Running vacuum

Running vacuum

I was thinking of dumping the charcoal canister.
    Does anyone have a diagram or could share how they routed their vaccum lines?

Also my air filter assemy that came with my 3.0 is no good. At the moment I have a filter fitted directly on the throttle body. However the breather doesn't have anything on it, just one side is capped. The other is open to allow it to breath. Any suggestions for a set up?

Thanks,
    Darryl

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Vacuum line routing, including the charcoal can.:

LINK: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1109

Or are you asking forum members how to route the lines if the charcoal canister isn't there?

I'm using the 3.0. And was curious to know if I can remove the canister. Or is it better jus leave I alone and keep the the lines where they are in the diagram you showed me.

Thanks!
    -Darryl

My VIN:    03572

The canister really does not hurt any performance so it is normally left alone. It should absorb fuel vapors when the car is parked and then purges those vapor into the engine when it runs.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    The canister really does not hurt any performance so it is normally left alone. It should absorb fuel vapors when the car is parked and then purges those vapor into the engine when it runs.
    +1

Not good to pull it unless you know what you're doing.

You could yank the canister but then what would you do with the important fuel tank vent hose you removed from it?
    Plug it - then the tank is unvented and the tank may pressurize positively or negatively if the fittings are all tight
    Leave it open - then deal with fuel vapor out of the hose......how?...where?...what's that smell?.....no smoking!