FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Matched Set (Non-Stock Sized Rears or Fronts) Tires

My VIN:    6585

Is there anyone out there that makes a matching set of 195/60/R14 & 245/60/R15?
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Is there anyone out there that makes a matching set of 195/60/R14 & 245/60/R15?
    None that I've been able to find, unfortunately...

My VIN:    891, 1045

Okay, this is what I've got so far:

National XT Renegade

70615 P195/60R14 85T BW 440AB 19.2 6.0 23.3 7.6 6.4 11/32
    70330 P235/60R15 98T RWL 440AB 26.0 7.0 26.1 9.2 7.6 11/32

I used their dealer locator and they only show "Callaghan Tire" as the only dealer within 250 miles of me (6 different locations) that sell their tires. The person on the phone hadn't heard of them but took my number and the company's number and is currently researching the tires and will call me back. Hopefully he can tell me some good news. I also called a shop in the ATL area and he's looking into it as well. One vendor listed on the website said they haven't been a distributor for them in several years though.

I put in a call to the company to find out some more info (like where they're made) but haven't gotten a reply to my voicemail message yet.

The .pdf on their website was updated in June of 2011 though, so it's possible this is another wild goose chase.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    I put in a call to the company to find out some more info (like where they're made) but haven't gotten a reply to my voicemail message yet.

The .pdf on their website was updated in June of 2011 though, so it's possible this is another wild goose chase.
    I looked into tires by both National and Del-Nat (Delta-National) when doing my research. The XT Renegade are made by Cooper in either USA/Mexico/China (probably in either USA or Mexico, as they're an older iteration). Essentially, they're merely re-branded Cooper Cobra Radial G/T, just like the Mastercraft Avenger G/T and Hercules H/P 4000. The P195/60R14 has been discontinued for as long as the equivalent Cooper/Mastercraft/Hercules has been discontinued. And from what I've been able to find, I don't believe that the line under the 'National XT Renegade' branding continued after the discontinuation of the P195/60R14 by Cooper across all the various brandings in 2011, as I've been unable to find a P185/60R14 carrying the 'National XT Renegade' branding, despite the size currently being offered under the Cooper/Mastercraft/Hercules brandings.

The only way you'd find a set is if they've been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for the last 4+ years. When I called around attempting to locate a NOS set under the Mastercraft branding, I was unsuccessful.

Sorry.

My VIN:    891, 1045

I'm not surprised the company hasn't called back since they can't seem to update their own website. I did get a call back from ATL and after many phone calls he said that they were discontinued years ago. I was wondering if someone might have a pair sitting somewhere, but for now I think I'm going to order up a set of the OHTSU's to try out. For $233.09 to my door it won't hurt to try them out.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Not that I'm in the market for new tires but anything wrong with these RWL BF Goodrich tires for the rear?
    Didn't see them on the list.

I tried checking out just to see if it would say out of stock but it doesn't. But I didn't try to actually buy them.

And its got recent reviews.

BFGoodrich Radial T/A E4
    P235/60R15 98S RWL
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...0&rd=15&cs=235

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

Recently got a set of Kuhmo's from Discount that they special ordered. Paid $200 after a rebate they had going.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I ordered a set of Falken 512's from Discount Tire a few weeks ago- they said both size 195 and 225 were available. They had both front tires and one rear tire locally, they had to order the second rear.
    A week later they called me and said they were unable to get the one rear 512, but they would upgrade it for free to the 912 because I had already paid for it and because of the inconvenience. I explained how I wanted a matching set, and a few days later, long story short, they gave me all 4 tires as 912's for the price I paid for the 512's.

I drove a few hundred miles in the rain last weekend with them, and I like the 912's very much. Great traction, quiet, and zero issues in the rain.

I've been using Falken tires for a few years now on multiple vehicles. Right now Falkens are on my Civic (on my second set in a row), my jeep, and now the Delorean. I think they are a very good tire at an outstanding price considering their quality.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by papanoel View Post
    Not that I'm in the market for new tires but anything wrong with these RWL BF Goodrich tires for the rear?
    Didn't see them on the list.

I tried checking out just to see if it would say out of stock but it doesn't. But I didn't try to actually buy them.

And its got recent reviews.

BFGoodrich Radial T/A E4
    P235/60R15 98S RWL
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...0&rd=15&cs=235
    I've been running these for years on both cars, very happy. The fronts were available too in a slightly different tread.

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    I've been running these for years on both cars, very happy. The fronts were available too in a slightly different tread.
    Do you have the RWL facing outward on the rears?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast