FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Double din

My VIN:    6313

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    I like how the double din looks, but not about the opening up of holes in the knee pad for air. Is there room and is it possible to do something like a ferrari 308 vent in the dash?
    How could punching holes in the dash be better than holes in the keepads? From the photo of the 308, the placement of the vents looks like a very bad design compromise. I can't even imaging how the air is supposed to get on to the passengers (unless they do some kind of pop-up action)!!! There is only about 1 inch of clearance between the the dash and the airbox in the center console area.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    How could punching holes in the dash be better than holes in the keepads? From the photo of the 308, the placement of the vents looks like a very bad design compromise. I can't even imaging how the air is supposed to get on to the passengers (unless they do some kind of pop-up action)!!! There is only about 1 inch of clearance between the the dash and the airbox in the center console area.
    That is exactly my reasoning to go with the DMC EV's setup vs. the Ferrari 308's.

My VIN:    2964

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Use a higher-rated fuse: 20 amps.

Reference: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...he-DMCH-switch
    I thought 10 amps was the correct one?
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    Should I try 10 amps first and see how it goes?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    You may be right; since I didn't feel like reading the whole thread, I skimmed through it until I found someone mentioning which fuse they used to get rid of the constant-fuse-popping problem.

I guess you could always try hilgher and higher fuse ratings until you get one that doesn't pop.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3028

Well the vents on a ferrari open up. Cold air sinks so the air would fall on the passenger and provide better cooling. With the knee pad design the vents seem low and the cool air falls to the floor too quickly. In the winter or in cold weather, the placement of the vents near the window will help in keeping the window clear or rotated for air to be directed to the occupants.

I just wanted to know if there was physically enough room to run venting underneath the dash.

My VIN:    6313

...With the knee pad design the vents seem low and the cool air falls to the floor too quickly...
    Oh, I understand... I'm from Houston. Cold air coming out of the vent stays cold for about 3 nanoseconds. If it isn't forcefully blowing onto your face or your crotch then there isn't any cooling benefit. Cold air doesn't sink to the floor by definition because it has already become warm air. And all that applies equally during our winter-time. One of my friends told me when I first moved to Houston... you will use your car's AC every month of the year... and he was right! The only good reason to open your windows in Houston is because of bad gas.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I just wanted to know if there was physically enough room to run venting underneath the dash.
    There is.

The only good reason to open your windows in Houston is because of bad gas.
    A friend of mine carries a bottle of STP Gas Treatment in his car at all times for this reason...

... oh, wait. Wrong type of gas. Never mind.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

It turned out the problem with the headlights was in the harness itself. When I took the center console off and cleaned up the wiring, it stopped blowing the fuse. Looks like something in the harness got grounded. Thanks for all the help though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2