FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: tech day June 15th anybody - Sacramento CA

My VIN:    11280

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Great! I'll be supplying basics like soda, chips BBQ items (like hamburgers and hot dogs). I'll have some Coors light (you know...silver bullet and all). But if you have anything special you like to share that would be welcomed as well.
    It looks like the weather will be in the lower 90s ish... so I'm hoping to make it more of a morning/early afternoon event. But I wont be kicking anybody out either. Does 10am sound good?

My VIN:    05287

I think I may be able to make it as well on the 15th if there's enough room for one more !

My VIN:    05457

Nice, this should work for me! Thanks for the heads up Jon! Thanks for organizing Brian, looking forward to meeting you! I'll plan on bringing my car.
    David Proehl

Looks like a good gathering. Just for reference I live in a typical 1 story house. The backyard is pretty big so no problem accommodating people. The garage a 2 car but I'll just have my DeLorean in the middle for the day. The street is a court so the only traffic is neighbors. The driveway can accommodate two additional cars but it is on an incline.

House is on Rocky Trail ct in Sacramento if you want to google it.

So I'm getting geared up for Saturday's tech day. Hope everybody is getting excited too

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

What are we planning to address at this one? Any specific things on your mind?
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Cool

yeah, that's a pretty good question.

Well, a year and a half ago the car did not pass smog. High HC. I had this shop doing the smog work on it and they adjusted all kinds of stuff. They ultimately said I need a new fuel distributor and catalytic converter. This may be true... but it may not be. The car is all out of tune now, specifically it does not recover from acceleration. It lopes at idle.
    The car at this point is now a sitter. It has been turned over and ran to keep things moving but for the most part it is out of tune and not a legal driver.

There are several cosmetic issues and a major door issue I would like some recommendations for.

In general it is a car that was a vibrant daily drivers that has been ignored or unprofessionally played with. I would appreciate the knowledge and guidance from other owners most of all so I know what my next steps are. I'll be making my list and planning the steps to get it back to its former glory which should be the goal of all DeLorean owners right

My VIN:    1768

Cool we should be able to figure out some issues, Jon has gotten proficient at adjusting doors with his car and we can compare against mine which most all the guys agree work better than most around.

What time are you thinking?

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Definitely, we can do a really comprehensive inspection and tell you what needs looking at, what the priorities should be, etc. Do you have a jack and stands? We will need to get under the car to make some calls.

And yes, Clint's doors are a marvel of DeLorean perfection that most of can only hope to aspire to.... they close almost as though someone gave some thought to the design, rather than just more or less clanking shut like a rusty gate
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

I'm thinking 10:00 am would be best. This way we have cooler temperatures and an afternoon to eat as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast