Sorry, I'm a little late to the party. I think I did post something in a thread somewhere about my shipping experience. I also posted on the Ontario DeLorean Owners Club facebook page, which was easier for me to find, so here is a cut and paste of it:

Good evening ODOCers, I learned a valuable lesson this afternoon that I thought I should share for anyone ordering parts. UPS hit me up for $72 in "import charges" on a $400 order, so a rather significant amount. I had a talk with a VERY useful UPS rep. and here are her tips:

1) Ship air, or 2nd day air, it cuts out a large portion of the brokerage fee.
2) Keep it to 7 line items or less. They cover the first 7 for free, but after that it's something like $7 per line item! I had 13
3) Specify the year of the vehicle the parts are for in addition to tariff code 9966.00.00.00 and there will be no tax charged.

I knew about the first one, and DMCMW knew about the tariff code (but maybe not about specifying year). If I'd been 3 for 3, I was told I would have only been charged $10!

Hope that helps, but if there are any questions, I'll do my best to answer them. Good luck with the order!