Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 80's night at McMahon's Irish Pub, Warrenton, VA - August 3rd

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Previously Ireland, now New Jersey

    Posts:    328

    My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    80's night at McMahon's Irish Pub, Warrenton, VA - August 3rd

    Hi guys,

    My cousin owns McMahon's Irish Pub in Warrenton, VA (http://mcmahonsirishpub.com), and each year has an 80's night to fundraise for a local charity - Northern Virginia Therapeutic Riding Program (http://nvtrp.org).

    This year it's on August 3rd - http://nvtrp.org/event/80s-night/

    I'm hoping to bring my 4 seater DeLorean to it if I have it on the road in time. Anyone else nearby interested in going and meeting up and getting a few DMC's together to park outside and set the 80's scene?!

    Thanks!
    John

  2. #2
    Member symblieye's Avatar
    Join Date:  Sep 2011

    Location:  Warrenton, VA

    Posts:    34

    My VIN:    2300

    I live walking distance from McMahons and go there all the time. I was wondering when the 80's night was going to be this year. I might bring my original D, my only worry is how cramped the lot is combined with how much people swerve by the end of a night, could be bad combo.
    Although, would be awesome to get a bunch there, there is another owner right outside of own that has one, maybe he could come, and there is an owner north of us, harder to get him to come out but that would be awesome. Just found there was an owner in Midland but I think he just sold his, how awesome would that be? 4 original D's and a four door? I'll see if I an hit them up.




    Quote Originally Posted by dmcjohn View Post
    Hi guys,

    My cousin owns McMahon's Irish Pub in Warrenton, VA (http://mcmahonsirishpub.com), and each year has an 80's night to fundraise for a local charity - Northern Virginia Therapeutic Riding Program (http://nvtrp.org).

    This year it's on August 3rd - http://nvtrp.org/event/80s-night/

    I'm hoping to bring my 4 seater DeLorean to it if I have it on the road in time. Anyone else nearby interested in going and meeting up and getting a few DMC's together to park outside and set the 80's scene?!

    Thanks!
    John
    2002 Nissan Sentra SER
    1995 Chevrolet 1500
    1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - JP In Progress
    1981 Delorean DMC-12
    1975 Vanguard Citicar

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Previously Ireland, now New Jersey

    Posts:    328

    My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Hi Sym,

    No way - didn't realise there was a DeLorean owner in Warrenton, much less a few in the area.

    BTW, my car is a 4 seater, but still a 2 door, so won't really stand out to the untrained eye

    dmc24.jpg

    Next time you're in McMahons, say hi to my cousin Emmet! That would be amazing if we could manage to get a few cars together for it - I'm sure we could somehow rope them off in an area and keep an eye on them so that the cars would be ok.

    Chat soon!
    John

  4. #4
    Cock Monger thirdmanj's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,566

    Duuuuude!! I've heard about you! You're a legend! I'd love to make this, but I don't think my schedule will allow for it.
    1-800-273-8255

  5. #5
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    6,898

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Mmm curry chips.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Previously Ireland, now New Jersey

    Posts:    328

    My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Hey James!

    Where in VA are you based? Do you ever go to any of the DeLorean Mid-Atlantic events or are they too far north?

    Chat soon,
    John

  7. #7
    Cock Monger thirdmanj's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,566

    Quote Originally Posted by dmcjohn View Post
    Hey James!

    Where in VA are you based? Do you ever go to any of the DeLorean Mid-Atlantic events or are they too far north?

    Chat soon,
    John
    They're a bit too north for me. I'm in Hampton Roads.
    1-800-273-8255

  8. #8
    Member symblieye's Avatar
    Join Date:  Sep 2011

    Location:  Warrenton, VA

    Posts:    34

    My VIN:    2300

    Your profile signature got me curious when I saw 'DCVA'. I had heard rumor of a VA club. Tried clicking on the link on the forum but it only lists one member but not you. Are the members not listed on the forum page for the group? How many members are there, so many questions oh! Is there another website for the group?
    2002 Nissan Sentra SER
    1995 Chevrolet 1500
    1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - JP In Progress
    1981 Delorean DMC-12
    1975 Vanguard Citicar

  9. #9
    Cock Monger thirdmanj's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,566

    Quote Originally Posted by symblieye View Post
    Your profile signature got me curious when I saw 'DCVA'. I had heard rumor of a VA club. Tried clicking on the link on the forum but it only lists one member but not you. Are the members not listed on the forum page for the group? How many members are there, so many questions oh! Is there another website for the group?
    There is a FB page, but its not mine. I've messaged the admin, but no response. Meh
    1-800-273-8255

  10. #10
    Member symblieye's Avatar
    Join Date:  Sep 2011

    Location:  Warrenton, VA

    Posts:    34

    My VIN:    2300

    P.s. been meaning to post this but I keep forgetting to. ...your cousin, the owner, his name is Emmett? That's awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by dmcjohn View Post
    Hi Sym,

    No way - didn't realise there was a DeLorean owner in Warrenton, much less a few in the area.

    BTW, my car is a 4 seater, but still a 2 door, so won't really stand out to the untrained eye

    dmc24.jpg

    Next time you're in McMahons, say hi to my cousin Emmet! That would be amazing if we could manage to get a few cars together for it - I'm sure we could somehow rope them off in an area and keep an eye on them so that the cars would be ok.

    Chat soon!
    John
    2002 Nissan Sentra SER
    1995 Chevrolet 1500
    1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - JP In Progress
    1981 Delorean DMC-12
    1975 Vanguard Citicar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •