FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Conversion So Far

It would be neat to design a temporary back piece that looks like the BTTF mods that utilized the luggage rack. The rest of the Time Machine wiring gear could be applied with 3m tape or something.
    1-800-273-8255

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    It would be neat to design a temporary back piece that looks like the BTTF mods that utilized the luggage rack. The rest of the Time Machine wiring gear could be applied with 3m tape or something.
    Sounds like Bill has a new record to break on video!
    (I just know I'm going to regret that...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Sounds like Bill has a new record to break on video!
    (I just know I'm going to regret that...)
    I don't get it. I'm slo
    1-800-273-8255

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    I don't get it. I'm slo
    The first one went to the bit bucket
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq7KCLkq76M

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I am very impressed! The idea of a non damaging conversion is super appealing to me! At some point in the future I still want to try to create a reversible exterior replica that could be swapped on or off the car in a matter of 1-2 hours.
    This has been done; P J Grady Europe (i.e. Chris Nicholsson) produced a pair of screen accurate exterior prop kits that use existing mounting points, no new holes required.

My VIN:    781

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    This has been done; P J Grady Europe (i.e. Chris Nicholsson) produced a pair of screen accurate exterior prop kits that use existing mounting points, no new holes required.
    Wow. I checked out their page and it looks incredible (especially for something non-damaging). Their whole website seems outdated though, and the "store" doesn't even work. I wonder what they were (are?) charging for that kit.
    When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...your going over the speed limit.

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZeroFilms View Post
    Their whole website seems outdated though, and the "store" doesn't even work. I wonder what they were (are?) charging for that kit.
    Yeah, I keep bugging the owner about that. As I understand it he was working with someone who did the site for him but the relationship lapsed some years ago and it hasn't been maintained since. P J Grady UK is still going strong though. I'm considering having at least the flux bands made in the spring, if you're interested I could ask for a quote for two sets. They're the tricky bit; making the rear deck use existing mounts is relatively straightforward.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Doing Great!
    I have a different plan.
    Magnets. Yes I know it wont' hold on SS. That is why I am going to place galvanized metal sheets glued on to the interior of the panels.

My plan is a replica / stock conversion in 25 minutes on and off.

Where did you get the Mr. fusion base?

My VIN:    781

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    Yeah, I keep bugging the owner about that. As I understand it he was working with someone who did the site for him but the relationship lapsed some years ago and it hasn't been maintained since. P J Grady UK is still going strong though. I'm considering having at least the flux bands made in the spring, if you're interested I could ask for a quote for two sets. They're the tricky bit; making the rear deck use existing mounts is relatively straightforward.
    PM Sent.

In this day in age, it's hard to run a business with no/limited web presence - especially one dealing with such a specialty market. How long ago did they come up with this kit anyway? I don't recall ever having heard of it before now despite all the BTTF Replica builders in the US. You'd think a non-damaging conversion would give them a run for their money (even if it is only an exterior one).
    When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...your going over the speed limit.

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Magnets. Yes I know it wont' hold on SS. That is why I am going to place galvanized metal sheets glued on to the interior of the panels.
    Be careful, any movement of the exterior parts could easily scratch up or remove the grain on the stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZeroFilms View Post
    How long ago did they come up with this kit anyway?
    I think Chris said 2006, though don't quote me on that.

I don't recall ever having heard of it before now despite all the BTTF Replica builders in the US. You'd think a non-damaging conversion would give them a run for their money (even if it is only an exterior one).
    I suspect demand is greater now than it was then, also Chris tends to focus on new practical projects in front of him rather than do sales/marketing etc on existing ones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast