FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DashCam Thread

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

DashCam Thread

It's about time we had a thread on this.

Let's start with some of those crazy Russians

Who is the luckiest SOB, the lady at 2:48 or the guy at 3:48?

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3028

That is truly frightening. I am so surprised more people didn't get killed, talk about dumb luck.

It would be nice to see some DeLorean dash cam footage, without all the drama of course.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

These Russian dashcam videos are always highly entertaining, but I find myself wondering more and more each time, why are the drivers SOOOOO bad there? I mean, WTF? What hasn't happened there that has happened in other countries where the drivers are "normal?"
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    It's about time we had a thread on this.
    There was some other discussion going on here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?6240

I've been using my dash cam in my daily driver, but have yet to catch anything good on video. My family and friends still haven't embraced it, and some are confused. I've told them to check out the Russian videos on youtube.
    ~Eddie, VIN 16908

Quote Originally Posted by EdR5150 View Post
    I've been using my dash cam in my daily driver, but have yet to catch anything good on video.
    Yep, because you live in "normal" country.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I just ordered one of those dashcams from eBay and plan on putting it in my daily driver. I figure the next time someone runs a stop sign and I don't slam on my brakes quickly enough, the video will come in handy for the police report and insurance claim. :P
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    5725

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    These Russian dashcam videos are always highly entertaining, but I find myself wondering more and more each time, why are the drivers SOOOOO bad there? I mean, WTF? What hasn't happened there that has happened in other countries where the drivers are "normal?"
    Because in mother Russia and other CIS countries, laws exist but are frequently and blatentely ignored, and rarely enforced. When and if they are enforced its by a corrupt cop who wants a bribe. There are hardly and roads up to interstate standards, most roads are equal to our state or Us highways. In Ukraine there is only 10 miles or so of modern Interstate highway, max speed is 120 kmh/hr. Also no one wears seatbelts, air bags are unheard of, I have been in many near death situations with Russian drivers, its like the wild west.
    Glen

Quote Originally Posted by THVGJP View Post
    Because in mother Russia and other CIS countries, laws exist but are frequently and blatentely ignored, and rarely enforced. When and if they are enforced its by a corrupt cop who wants a bribe. There are hardly and roads up to interstate standards, most roads are equal to our state or Us highways. In Ukraine there is only 10 miles or so of modern Interstate highway, max speed is 120 kmh/hr. Also no one wears seatbelts, air bags are unheard of, I have been in many near death situations with Russian drivers, its like the wild west.
    Glen
    Hey, thanks for the answer! Yeah I figured it was something along those lines, but didn't really know. I guess it will take some time for Russia to pull itself together. Even though it's a "developed" country, it's lagging behind the western world in many ways.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

If the stories are to believed, every other car in Russia has a dashcam so are bound to catch some crazy gold in amongst the millions of miles of normality. That, and what the poster above said.

As dash cams become more popular over here you'll start to see some crazy stuff here. I wonder which state will lead the pack
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5725

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    If the stories are to believed, every other car in Russia has a dashcam so are bound to catch some crazy gold in amongst the millions of miles of normality. That, and what the poster above said.

As dash cams become more popular over here you'll start to see some crazy stuff here. I wonder which state will lead the pack
    I don't know why dash cams are so popular there, most taxi and car service drivers have them ( there are more taxi's and car services than privately owned cars). It may be a status symbol, like blue jeans in Soviet times or a protection against false accident claims. There lots of set up accidents to shake other drivers down for cash, no insurance like we have here.
    Glen

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast