FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: DashCam Thread

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Damn that is a cheap price if it does all it claim. I really could use on of these in all my cars

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

I too am eager to hear how it works....
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    5482

Just saw this posted earlier today. Got some clean underpants?

Jeff

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I eventually settled on this model. I like it so far.

I also like the fact that I can stick a mount to the other car's windshield, run a power cable, and swap the camera between cars.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

From ad:
    Note:
    1. Built-in battery lasts few minutes when car engine is down,the item must connect the car charger to work.
    2. When you meet crashes phenomenon caused by improper operation,press reset button and then boot the device return to normal.

Uhhhhh... say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    Bought this one from Ebay today, I'll report out on it after I've used it for a while.

HD IR 1080P DVR Car Vehicle Dash Cam G-sensor HDMI Camera Vedio Recorder GS8000L

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HD-1080P...item5d45cecea0

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    From ad:
    Note:
    1. Built-in battery lasts few minutes when car engine is down,the item must connect the car charger to work.
    2. When you meet crashes phenomenon caused by improper operation,press reset button and then boot the device return to normal.

Uhhhhh... say what?
    It's made in China. You expected a good translation into English?

The unit works fine. Here's a review of a similar unit from the UK (previous firmware - mine stores in .mov format and velocity unit can be switched).

3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I bought the 0801 from the video in the last post, replacing my GoPro Hero2 solution. I like that it powers on and starts recording as soon as power hits the camera (meaning I don't have to fumble with it to turn it on, switch to video and hit "record") but now I'm left trying to find a solution to wire the camera power to an accessory lead rather than the cigarette lighter. (The cigarette lighter is powered even when the car is off. That's no good, since it would leave the camera running all the time.)
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    3937

Chris,

Just an idea for where to get that power from, but if you have a manual transmission, you could conceivably use the extra power wire that is used on the PRND21 light bulbs on automatics. I have seen photos from manual cars where that wire is just tucked or taped back but it is still there. It's fairly close to where the cigarette lighter is if you wanted to incorporate that into your dashcam power source. Not sure on what the power draw would be or the rating on that auto trans light bulb wire, so you'd want to check it out beforehand. I believe that wire/light bulb only gets power when you have the lights on. That might work for you or it might not, but just thought I'd mention it.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    .. but now I'm left trying to find a solution to wire the camera power to an accessory lead rather than the cigarette lighter. (The cigarette lighter is powered even when the car is off. That's no good, since it would leave the camera running all the time.)
    Most any of the Solid Green, or, Light Green/White wires would work regardless of what they run since the cam is relatively low powered...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

That's not a bad looking cam. I may get one since it's so small and I'm tired of switching cameras out from the work van to the Delorean.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast