FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DashCam Thread

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Looks pretty good indeed for $70! I take it the compression macroblocking isn't there or much less when viewing the file off youtube?
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I just got back from a cruise-in in a small town about 20 miles form me. I took my dash cam, but after watching the footage, I really wish I had left it running while I was parked. This is from my dash cam I bought in the other thread for 36 bucks.

Just a note...nothing happens, it was just fun to watch the reactions of almost everyone.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

You have an amazing sound on your D there Mike

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    I take it the compression macroblocking isn't there or much less when viewing the file off youtube?
    Yes, I was surprised to see all of that when I viewed it on YouTube. It looks much better on my computer.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Nighttime test:

Minor quibble: Even though I turned audio recording off, it still records an audio stream (177 kbps), albeit a silent one. A waste of space, but SD cards are cheap. And on my 8GB SD card, I had just over two hours of driving recorded with nearly 900 MB of space left.

Still, for $70 I can't really complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I just got back from a cruise-in in a small town about 20 miles form me. I took my dash cam, but after watching the footage, I really wish I had left it running while I was parked. This is from my dash cam I bought in the other thread for 36 bucks.

Just a note...nothing happens, it was just fun to watch the reactions of almost everyone.

I love this video. I like seeing the reactions plus the cars. Nice job.
    www.Facebook.com/nimaside "If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." [Voltaire]

Michael, that video looks like a perfect example of what you meant in the other thread where you said

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Maybe living in the south has something to do with it, but I am so sick of American muscle....not the cars themselves, it's just every car show/cruise in I happen to find myself at, I am flooded with the same ol same ol. Mustang, F-Body, Corvette, or Chevy sedan. It's like a repetitive dance while walking I can look and see Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, 55-57 Chevy...repeat.
    I watched the whole 6 minutes and didn't see one car that excited me. Looks like you didn't stay for the show? LOL, I can't imagine why... I would feel equally out of place in the DeLorean -- it gets frustrating at southern shows watching people spaz out over yet another muscle car and then pass right by the DeLorean like it's boring. Their brains are wired backwards I tells ya.

Looks like a quaint little town. Where do you live?
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Michael, that video looks like a perfect example of what you meant in the other thread where you said

I watched the whole 6 minutes and didn't see one car that excited me. Looks like you didn't stay for the show? LOL, I can't imagine why... I would feel equally out of place in the DeLorean -- it gets frustrating at southern shows watching people spaz out over yet another muscle car and then pass right by the DeLorean like it's boring. Their brains are wired backwards I tells ya.

Looks like a quaint little town. Where do you live?
    Actually I stayed about an hour, I just stopped the recording while parked. This was in Elizabethton TN. They have a cruise in every Saturday, and although there wasn't much there when this video was made, there is quite a array of nice cars that is usually present. Granted they are all alike, but the cars are not junk and would not look out of place at a Barrett Jackson staging lane.

Pretty much the same people come every weekend, so all the "regulars" know and have seen the car, but the first night I showed up..... Woahhhh......I felt like Elvis came back from the dead riding in on Pegasus. There were so many people around the car at any given time you couldn't even see the car.
    Last edited by Michael; 06-18-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Actually I stayed about an hour, I just stopped the recording while parked. This was in Elizabethton TN. They have a cruise in every Saturday, and although there wasn't much there when this video was made, there is quite a array of nice cars that is usually present. Granted they are all alike, but the cars are not junk and would not look out of place at a Barrett Jackson staging lane.

Pretty much the same people come every weekend, so all the "regulars" know and have seen the car, but the first night I showed up..... Woahhhh......I felt like Elvis came back from the dead riding in on Pegasus. There were so many people around the car at any given time you couldn't even see the car.

Sounds like you've got a bit better crowd than here. Don't get me wrong, I'd *love* to have a pristine 57 Bel Air coupe, but just about all the other stuff doesn't excite me. Most of the local shows around here are dominated by the same old, same old, and at such shows people don't seem to be that interested in my DeLorean. There are a couple local Euro/British/mix shows per year that are much more enjoyable to attend, both in terms of what other cars are there, and crowd reaction.

And you're right, being a "regular" is a factor too. There's nothing like attending something for the first time - much more fun because you're new and exciting. I always tell myself that if I ever got my dream Keaton batmobile, once everyone has seen it, they'd be used to it and be like "there's the batmobile guy again...." whenever I would pull up at a show. Heh.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Most of the local shows around here are dominated by the same old, same old, and at such shows people don't seem to be that interested in my DeLorean.
    Sometimes it's what people know. I once went to a show where everyone who oohing and aahing the Fords and Chevys, and I was one of maybe three people in awe of a perfectly-restored 1947 Packard stationwagon. Meanwhile the American Muscle fanboys just kept walking on by... probably completely unaware of what they'd just glanced at.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast