FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One owner 81 DeLorean For sale $19,000

One owner 81 DeLorean For sale $19,000

Selling this car took a lot of thought but since retirement my interests have varied and I really don't spend much time with it any longer. It's extremely reliable and I wouldn't hesitate driving it anywhere in the country. It has about 100,000 miles on it but if I removed the odometer you wouldn't guess it had more than 10 or 20,000 miles. The after market wheels are 17" front and 18" rear with very good condition Yokohama S Drive tires. I have the original wheels which are in very good condition. The car has a Momo steering wheel and shift knob but I have the originals in excellent condition. The interior is very good, no cracks in the dash and the seats have been covered with sheep skins most of their life. The leather under the skins is very good. The car has been maintained and kept up to date with improvements and many new parts. It could use a head liner kit. I have lots of literature as well as a few parts, a few new but mostly used but in working order. It has Hervey's headers and mufflers but I've installed Car Chemistry inserts and they really sound pretty good without being too loud. The car has no cats and is running open loop so that could be a problem in some locations. I've reworked the ignition distributor and the car revs nicely. Beyond the headers and distributor the engine is stock. I bought the car new 31 years ago and it's been garaged and stored winters. The miles are primarily highway miles from summer cross country trips. I've always used synthetic oil and changed brake and clutch fluid regularly. There is a lot more I can provide to interested parties. The car is located just north of St Paul, Minnesota.

Bruce Benson

DSC01827.jpgDSC01829.jpgDSC01835.jpgDSC01831.jpgDSC01830.jpgDSC01836.jpgDSC01837.jpgDSC01846.jpgDSC01838.jpg
    Last edited by delornut; 05-08-2013 at 07:21 PM.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Bruce doesn't post much here, but anyone who knows him (and the car) knows this is a smokin' deal.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Bruce doesn't post much here, but anyone who knows him (and the car) knows this is a smokin' deal.
    Ditto. This is the screaming deal of the year. If you are in the market, this is the one to buy.

Bruce, are you planning one more road trip to the DMC MW Open House this June?

(if the car is not sold by then)

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

What is the best way to contact you?

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Wow! Another killer deal.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    04915

This is the best deal I've ever seen on a Delorean. Frankly I'm speechless. The car looks brand new both inside and out and under. This looks like I would expect a $35K car to look like. If it had come on the market a year ago I would have snatched it up rather than spending $50K getting 4915 refurbished. Wow!
    Jack Skeens

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    What is the best way to contact you?
    PM me

Bruce

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

say it ain't so Joe!

I've known Bruce since I got my car 25 years ago. We've made trips to Tan-tara- MO, Vegas '91 @ '95, Steamboat springs- CO, Black Hills- SD, Houston- TX, Evansville- IN, Chicago-IL, Pigeon Forge-TN, Gettysburg-PN, Cinncinati-OH, and many local trips in the Twin Cities. I always felt things were going to be ok if Bruce was along. His car never failed him, and he pulled me out of weird breakdowns. Who ever gets this car got a deal!

[P.S. Bruce, you priced it way too low!]

Paul Cerny #2691
    Kalispell, MT

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I hope Chris works out a deal and gets this one.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    06960

Bruce's car is the first DeLorean I ever drove. Even since before I got my own car 13 years ago Bruce was one of those go-to guys who just knew everything about his car. I learned a great deal from him over the years and it will be sad to see his car go. Best of luck with the sale Bruce, but I don't think you'll need any. This is a great car for a great price. I'll vouch for anything on this car.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast