FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: the best door seal

the best door seal

The time has come for me to replace the outer door seals, the ones I have now at the bottom of the door will not stay in place, the best glue I can find does not help. I want door seals that the metal keepers inside the rubber will fit and hold the seal in place, I am not looking for the cheapest I just want the ones that will truly hold onto the door. Which seals do you guys use, and which one will truly work?
    Andy B 03513

i misspoke

Quote Originally Posted by andy blackmon View Post
    The time has come for me to replace the outer door seals, the ones I have now at the bottom of the door will not stay in place, the best glue I can find does not help. I want door seals that the metal keepers inside the rubber will fit and hold the seal in place, I am not looking for the cheapest I just want the ones that will truly hold onto the door. Which seals do you guys use, and which one will truly work?
    Andy B 03513
    I should have said the inner seal

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I should have said the inner seal
    There are a lot of other factors that decide fitment and wear issues that should be considered as well. Do you have fitment issues?
    Last edited by Delorean Industries; 07-28-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

door seal

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    There are a lot of other factors that decide fitment and wear issues that should be considered as well. Do you have fitment issues?
    The problem that I am having is that the seal keeps coming off of the door at the bottom. The seal that are there now have metal clips at random spots but they will not hold the seal onto the door lip. No there is no damage to the door it just that the seal will not stay in place, I think I read where you sell a seal with metal inside the rubber that fits tighter and holds better, all I need is a seal that every time I get out of the car it doesn't come loose from the door.

Andy B 03513
    I think you mean the inner door seals? If it's outers you want, I made mine for precisely the reasonsons you describe. #1458 has tight fitting doors and original seals just kept getting torn/ripped off. Inners though have to be made in large quantities so I've never invested.... sorry.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    I think you mean the inner door seals? If it's outers you want, I made mine for precisely the reasonsons you describe. #1458 has tight fitting doors and original seals just kept getting torn/ripped off. Inners though have to be made in large quantities so I've never invested.... sorry.
    Martin - so you have outer seals available that don't get destroyed by a tight door? Hmm. Will have to check the site...
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Yes
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My VIN:    16409

I have Martin's silicone outer door seals. They are a top quality product. I highly recommend them.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Oops. I was thinking of the *inner* seals. Those are what always get torn up on my car.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log