FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is this tire still good?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    The only credit card I have is a Military Star Card, which will not work in the civilian world, only at designated places on a military installation. I tried to get a regular credit card, but I was turned down. Plus, my military star already has some debt that I am making minimum payments on until I get put on active duty status; which will be when I pay that debt off.

What Fusion?

Could going there with a spare tire on and telling them it just went flat, but did not have time before inspection to get a tire (As it is a size nobody keeps in stock "Rare size") but will get one afterwards work?
    Focus, then.

Don't know. GA doesn't have inspections like this.

What happens if you fail?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Focus, then.

Don't know. GA doesn't have inspections like this.

What happens if you fail?
    I get a rejection sticker and have to pay for another inspection.. Do you think the Focus' tires will fit on my car?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    I get a rejection sticker and have to pay for another inspection.. Do you think the Focus' tires will fit on my car?
    I meant swapping wheels, not just tires. Have no idea, you'll have to try one.

Of course, you should get you own tire replaced as soon as you can for safety's sake. No more buying trinkets (even things like cabin air filters) for the 'stang until that's taken care of
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

To be honest, I don't really care about my own safety, it's staying afloat that concerns me. No job, no money, no drill this past month and a bunch of other things that have been accumulating for quite some time. I replaced the Cabin air filter a few weeks ago and have a fuel filter sitting around, because of my lack of tools to install it. I think I may try the spare tire thing, if that fails, I will ask my friend if I can borrow his wheels (Or at least try to fit one on the car first). My insurance payment took the majority of my money, I only have about $1.80 in the bank and a car payment in a few days.. So close to paying the car off, but so close to losing it at the same time.

I've read about the financial hardship, a year ago I replaced all tires on my 05 stang gt all around for about 900 bucks. I went with the factory pirelli's that came standard on 05's.

I would try and get your car inspected, don't say anything, don't do anything. Go to one of those "in the wall" places. They are renowned for giving out passes for stuff that is on the edge, something that would not pass in a dealership. Why? A dealership can make money off of you by selling their services, where a place like that looses money because you have to come back to get re-tested. And that is usually not at the same rate.

Just keep your right foot under control. The GT is a sportscoupe, and those command your tires to be in good order. Especially in rain. When you get the money, get your tires replaced. It would have been fine if you had friends with a mustang, then you'd just swap wheels. Common practice I hear. And when is the last time you got pulled over for anything other than a speeding ticket?
    Obtain 'O Meter▪▼▲≡▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪FEB 7.4% -5.3% since JAN '15
    %0▪▪▪10▪▪▪20▪▪30▪▪▪40▪▪50▪▪▪60▪▪70▪▪80▪▪90▪▪100
    ▪▪▪|▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪ |

===My YouTube Channel: TheDutchTexan
    [Vlogging, DashCam Compilations & CarShows!]

I have only ever been pulled over once, but go off of it; so my driving record is clean. I don't need an entire new set of tires, just the front passenger tire. What "In the wall" place do you mean? I live out in the middle of nowhere.. I have a voucher for a free inspection from the Chrysler Dealership, which do not sell Fords, but they would get me on the tire, as they do sell those.. The tire is fine to drive on, just low tread, I am not worried about losing control.. I drove this tire on ice clad and snow covered roads just a few months ago in the winter without problem, a little rain is the least of my worries.

DSC00752.jpg

Here in Texas you have places, other than dealerships, that do inspections only. That is what I refer to as "hole in the wall" places. They can't fix anything, can't upsell anything, just tell you to get your car fixed so they can retest you. But they might let you go on the tire. They might not even notice.
    Obtain 'O Meter▪▼▲≡▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪FEB 7.4% -5.3% since JAN '15
    %0▪▪▪10▪▪▪20▪▪30▪▪▪40▪▪50▪▪▪60▪▪70▪▪80▪▪90▪▪100
    ▪▪▪|▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪ |

===My YouTube Channel: TheDutchTexan
    [Vlogging, DashCam Compilations & CarShows!]

I don't know if we have anything like that around here.. All the places that do inspections seem to all do repairs..

My inspection sticker is now officially expired, I guess I will just have to risk it and hope I don't get caught for now.

I thought I was double screwed yesterday, I had to drive somewhere almost on fumes and with the expired sticker.. I made is half a mile when I saw a police car watching the road I live on.. I just slowed down and once I got out of sight, I gunned it and hit the interstate.. Bad for my low fuel level, but a ticket is worse..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3