FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Free Autocheck Hack per Lifehacker

My VIN:    6125

That particular dealer closed their loophole, but in general there are still plenty of other sites out there that still work.

This link for example still works. Just copy/paste in your own VIN as before:

http://www.govw.com/AutoCheckReport....61&sid=10624AZ

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Worked for mine just fine.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Nothing for scedt26t6bd005436, but as far as I know the car left the US at the start of the 90s...
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    Nothing for scedt26t6bd005436, but as far as I know the car left the US at the start of the 90s...
    If it left before the computerization of DMV records (mid nineties depending on State) you are not going to find anything.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    If it left before the computerization of DMV records (mid nineties depending on State) you are not going to find anything.
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

When I sold my truck a few months back, I signed up for a carfax account to print out the history for the new buyer, and decided to take a look at the vins for my old cars, including my 1st car, which was an 84 trans am.

Oddly enough, apparently I am still the legal owner of the vehicle.

Back in 95, I had traded it to a Ford dealership for my 94 Ranger Splash. It was non-running because it would over-heat, and the dealership gave me a flat 1k for the car, sight unseen, and would arrange for a tow truck to come get the car. After going through the pain of financing my first car, I picked up my truck a week later.

Guess what was still sitting in my driveway? The trans am.

After 5 days, I called the dealership to find out when they were picking up the car, and the salesman had forgotten all about it and said he'd call me back to arrange a pick up. Still nothing. I started getting paranoid and finally arranged to have the car dropped off at the dealership, because i didn't want them to say I was trying to fudge the deal, because I really liked my truck. So I had it picked up.

Fast forward, the last activity showing on the carfax was when I registered the trans am.

When you log into the FL DMV site to renew tags, it gives a list of all the cars you currently own. Guess what is still listed underneath my DL number... Yep. 1984 pontiac trans am. Gone are the Delorean, chrysler, ranger, ram, focus, formula, and other trans ams.... remaining still is the 84. Im sure it's parted out, but how fun would it be to just get a title copy printed for the 25.00 lost title fee and go get my car back... LMAO. Im sure it's scrap, but its just funny that it's still in my name after all these years.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    When I sold my truck a few months back, I signed up for a carfax account to print out the history for the new buyer, and decided to take a look at the vins for my old cars, including my 1st car, which was an 84 trans am.

Oddly enough, apparently I am still the legal owner of the vehicle.

Back in 95, I had traded it to a Ford dealership for my 94 Ranger Splash. It was non-running because it would over-heat, and the dealership gave me a flat 1k for the car, sight unseen, and would arrange for a tow truck to come get the car. After going through the pain of financing my first car, I picked up my truck a week later.

Guess what was still sitting in my driveway? The trans am.

After 5 days, I called the dealership to find out when they were picking up the car, and the salesman had forgotten all about it and said he'd call me back to arrange a pick up. Still nothing. I started getting paranoid and finally arranged to have the car dropped off at the dealership, because i didn't want them to say I was trying to fudge the deal, because I really liked my truck. So I had it picked up.

Fast forward, the last activity showing on the carfax was when I registered the trans am.

When you log into the FL DMV site to renew tags, it gives a list of all the cars you currently own. Guess what is still listed underneath my DL number... Yep. 1984 pontiac trans am. Gone are the Delorean, chrysler, ranger, ram, focus, formula, and other trans ams.... remaining still is the 84. Im sure it's parted out, but how fun would it be to just get a title copy printed for the 25.00 lost title fee and go get my car back... LMAO. Im sure it's scrap, but its just funny that it's still in my name after all these years.
    Would be awesome to get it back for a mere $25 in fees..lol

My VIN:    891, 1045

Just checked all of my fleet and found some neat info...like my current car apparently isn't listed as an odometer rollback, simple as an incorrect reading entry. Not that it matters anyways as it's still a flood car.

Like Mike, I sold a car to someone last year and it's apparently still listed in my name. I was sure it was going to be parted out, but now I'm pretty sure it was. Sadly though the VIN for my '70 Malibu didn't come up so I'm sure that car is sitting in my garage right now as Harbor Freight jackstands, engine stand and engine hoist.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    16409

Just checked out an MR2 I'm thinking about buying. This little trick worked perfectly.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    10904

Definitely doesn't work for me. I get a page with a menu at the top and no content where I'd expect to see it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast