FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: engine bar wiring harness

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

The fit is good enough for me. I guess if the engine started backfiring, one could come out, but that's never happened to me. At least one other owner in my area has the same setup; he hasn't had a problem, either. If you have a vacuum leak there, you'd sure know it.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3021

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    The fit is good enough for me. I guess if the engine started backfiring, one could come out, but that's never happened to me. At least one other owner in my area has the same setup; he hasn't had a problem, either. If you have a vacuum leak there, you'd sure know it.
    Is your setup the same as what bill use to do or are u being a rouge farrar

Quote Originally Posted by The Aviator View Post
    Is your setup the same as what bill use to do or are u being a rouge farrar
    It's similar, but my fuel pump setup is different. Also, Bill sticks cut-off bolts in place of the injectors. I don't like that option because you still need the stock clips and boots, and the boots can still fail causing a vacuum leak and are expensive to replace. So I use those silicone plugs instead.

U don't happen to have pics of his setup do u? And I would love to see ur setup too!

I thought that's what bill did was replace the injector with a bolt and I remember seeing a weird clip on top... If my car wasnt all locked up and easy to get too I'd go check myself but its in storage 8 miles from my house

U don't happen to have pics of his setup do u? And I would love to see ur setup too!
    I don't have any photos of his setup, but I have a few of mine on hand.

Here's a picture showing the location of the fuel filter.
    SANY0177.jpg

Here is one of the silicone plugs in an injector bung.
    SANY0064.jpg

And here's an overall view of my engine compartment, before I changed all the air/vacuum hoses to blue silicone and wrapped most everything up in wire loom. Not much to look at, really.
    SANY0834.jpg

Aaahh I see the plugs now, I was looking at Steve's engine pic and remember u saying they were orange and saw some in his pic

And u just shove them in there tight

I don't mind doing that but I'm still hunting for bills bolt setup

Another question I have is are those ports that come out of the head that hold the injector, are those ports pressed into the head or cast? If they are pressed in or even removable I am gonna hunt and see if I can get 6 more, If I can ill just drill and tap them and put a bung in there

Everything I've done to my car I have it so it can go back to original that's my only gripe when modding the DMC is that I have to do it so I can bring it back to original

Thanks for the pics farrar u got any of ur fuel pump setup?

Everything I've done to my car I have it so it can go back to original that's my only gripe when modding the DMC is that I have to do it so I can bring it back to original
    My problem as well... I always have to think "This can be reversed, just in case..."

My fuel pump setup is in flux. Being an early adopter of Bill's carburetor conversion scheme, I've had problems no other "customer" has had. My fuel pump carrier leaks, and the pump dies from being submerged in fuel. Bill says no one else has had this problem. Fine and dandy for them, but it doesn't help me to know I am alone with this situation. So I am exploring other options for mounting my next fuel pump.

Steve Rice has a piece of pipe where the stock fuel pump would be, straight up from inside the fuel baffle to outside the tank, where he has a 90-degree hose barb on it. He has a short bit of hose between that barb and the fuel pump. I really like that idea. But his fuel pump isn't mounted to anything, it just sits there. I want mine to be more secure -- I don't want my fuel pump bouncing around on top of my tank! I'll let you know when I come up with a solution for where to mount the bracket, and when I mount it I will get some pics for you then. Or if you figure it out first, let the rest of us know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3