FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Presenting...www.DeLoreanPOGs.com

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I hope that you're planning on attending Jim, as I'd love to meet you and your D, as well as see some of your mods/improvements!
    I'd love to one of these years. Unfortunately this year will not be it. My ONLY opportunity to get out of the state for a few days was for the DMCMW open house. I'll be in Dayton, OH next year though for DCS for sure.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Future POG Adventures

Since the DeLorean POGs website launced earlier this month, we have been in contact with two of the POGs that have been out of touch for a while.
    We are hoping by the time of the Woodward Dream Cruise 2013, we will have a small "POG Reunion" before, during or after the Woodward events.

All of the POGs we have been in contact with have unique stories about their time working for the original DeLorean Motor Company and specifically
    working in the QACs (many of whom worked at more than one QAC during their tenure with DMC). Depending upon how the POGs want to share
    their stories and experiences with DMC, we hope to add some "POG Adventures" in the form of short stories, in the upcoming weeks and months.

Stayed tuned ....

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Stayed tuned ....
    Well, it's been about 18 months since my last post here and there has been quite a bit of POG activity.

POG Reunions at Woodward 2013 and 2014, as well as a POG Reunion at DCS 2014 in Dayton (complete with a POG Presentation).

However, the reason for my post today is to report on newly re-discovered QAC Parts and Repair Orders for some early DeLoreans
    that were processed at the QAC - Santa Ana. Although the number of cars in this group is much less than the Chris Duvall binder
    from the QAC - Troy, there is info regarding about a half dozen cars having some historical significance to DeLorean Motor Company.

From the first glance through the list, it looks like most of the cars in this list appear to be from the DeLorean Manifest 1 shipment.

I took a day off work yesterday, to do the initial paperwork sorting of the QAC - Santa Ana - Parts and Repair Orders and there were
    some very interesting surprises and some very cool data to add to the database, but of course, more time will be needed for the data
    entry, that will hopefully take place over the Holiday break, later this month. The goal is to have the new data ready for 2015.

Stay tuned ...

My VIN:    6635

Hey Rich - is the new info from the paperwork Tony won on ebay? It was on FB at one point and I don't think he ever commented as to if anything good was in the win.

Rich R

Quote Originally Posted by vin6635 View Post
    Hey Rich - is the new info from the paperwork Tony won on ebay? It was on FB at one point and I don't think he ever commented as to if anything good was in the win.

Rich R
    Yes, this was the batch of paperwork that Tony was going after. When it got a little pricey, I chipped in half so we could acquire it for the POGs website.

Tony has been doing a lot of traveling lately, so he did not have a chance to go through it yet. I had been working 7 days a week for 2 months to finish
    up a project at work before the holidays, so yesterday was the first opportunity I had to look at the paperwork. I was finally able to make some time.

The key to get the new data into the database will be to coordinate a time that Tony and I can get the data entered, between the holidays, when he gets
    a few moments away from his 3 kids and I get a few moments when I am not entertaining my 4 nephews. It will be an interesting piece of planning.

Maybe if we get some significant snow, we can take all the kids sledding (get them worn out) and do a few hours of data entry, while they are all napping.
    Yeah, like that will happen. I will probably be the one that needs a nap. (lol)

My VIN:    6635

Rich...most interesting history...hopefully you find lot of exciting bits and pieces!

I'm still waiting for the trove of insights from the NJ QAC and the ships that brought cars to that location. I'm obviously biased of course

Quote Originally Posted by vin6635 View Post
    Rich...most interesting history...hopefully you find lot of exciting bits and pieces!
    Actually, there are several very interesting pieces of information, including at least one "major" sub-set that will re-write some DMC History.

Here is a teaser for those interested in the History of Company Assigned DeLorean cars:

How many different documented DeLoreans were assigned to Johnny Carson?

A) 1

B) 2

C) 3

D) 4

My VIN:    16377

Just curious if there has been any new developments for the POG website?

Thanks.

-Nick Pitello

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6