FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Presenting...www.DeLoreanPOGs.com

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Presenting...www.DeLoreanPOGs.com

Presenting... www.DeLoreanPOGs.com

Launched just prior to the DMC Midwest Open House 2013, this is a new DMC Historical Website to pay tribute to the DeLorean POGs.
    A huge thanks goes to Tony Swann for putting this all together and thanks to all who assisted with the data entry, including me (lol).

DeLorean POGs (look like Pigs, work like dOGs) were the men and women "in the trenches", working long hours, prepping, and in many
    cases, rebuilding DeLoreans, after they were shipped to the QACs (Quality Assurance Centers). This website will record their stories.

This is an information website (nothing for sale) that will be enhanced over time with more POG and QAC related stories and topics.

The Showcase of this website is the Digital Version of the DeLorean Parts Usage Log from the QAC located in Troy, MI.
    A big thanks to Parts POG, Chris Duvall, who kept the paper copy of the Parts Usage Log for over 3 decades.

Here are some of the Highlights of this new Online, Searchable, Parts Usage Log Database:

- 1016 Different VINs represented in the LOG
    - 6114 Parts Usage Log entries
    - 7037 Total Parts represented in the LOG (multiple quanities for different parts counted)

This database represents a complete list of all DeLoreans that were processed through the Troy QAC from the middle of August, 1981
    to early February, 1982. Just think if DMC was able to use this type of technology back in the day.

Search for your VIN or for other parts specifics. Or just search it for fun. And see what POGs look like.

Enjoy !!

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

VERY COOL!!!!! Awesome to see what was done to 1880 at the QACs!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    5482

Really cool to see the list of parts used on the different VINs by the POGs. Nice work. Love this historical stuff!
    Jeff

Banned

My VIN:    1798

HOLY CRAP - The list for my car is HUGE!!!

From all the parts listed, it looks like only 60% of my car was actually assembled in Dunmurry, with the other 40% being assembled right here in the USA! Might explain why my car has proven to be so reliable to date, despite its originality.

This actually answers the question I had about the fixed-mast fender mounted antenna and why I don't additionally have a windshield mounted antenna. Looks like the fixed-mast fender mounted antenna was added and the windshield replaced by the QAC POGs.

Rich, this is VERY COOL - GREAT THANKS to you, Tony Swann, and Chris Duvall for making this info available to owners!

So I searched for my VIN 4805 and got no records. Does this mean that my car came into the US with no defects or it just ddin't go through the QAC that kept the records presented on the website?

I was kinda hoping I would find my car and have a little piece of trivia to add to the car's story.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    So I searched for my VIN 4805 and got no records. Does this mean that my car came into the US with no defects or it just ddin't go through the QAC that kept the records presented on the website?

I was kinda hoping I would find my car and have a little piece of trivia to add to the car's story.
    This database represents a complete list of all DeLoreans that were processed through the Troy QAC from the middle of August, 1981
    to early February, 1982. Just think if DMC was able to use this type of technology back in the day.

Unfortunately, this is all of the Parts Usage information that was made available to us, at this time. Although there were Parts Usage Logs
    at each of the 4 QAC locations, it is not likely that the other logs were also kept for over 3 decades, from the 3 other QACs.

Banned

I'm thinking that something had to have happened to my car in transport.

Can anyone else beat 85 separate entries?
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 06-17-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    HOLY CRAP - The list for my car is HUGE!!!
    That's Wild! 2 engine covers, 4 days apart? What's up with that?

Rich, this is VERY COOL - GREAT THANKS to you, Tony Swann, and Chris Duvall for making this info available to owners!
    +1! Thanks to ALL for the work that allowed us access to this data base.

My car was listed for 2 minor things.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    That's Wild! 2 engine covers, 4 days apart? What's up with that?
    I was thinking that the first engine cover itself may have been defective or damaged during attempted install, thus another had to be procured... but honestly, who really knows for sure!

Looking at the list for my car reminded me of the scene from 'Gung Ho' (1986) where the American line worker tells his new Japanese supervisor "[t]hat's the dealer's problem - every car can't be perfect."

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Neat thing to look up! My car had no issues it seems.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast