Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Presenting...www.DeLoreanPOGs.com

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Donegal, Ireland

    Posts:    115

    My VIN:    1569

    Club(s):   (DOI)

    Well done to all involved in this, it is nice to be able to find more history of your car.

    By the way, only some trim items and a front shock replaced on my car.

  2. #22
    Custom DeLorean Builder Rich W's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Chicagoland area

    Posts:    1,576

    My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Master VIN List for Troy, QAC (PDF)

    The revised VIN Master List for the Troy, MI - QAC attached below, contains 1003 unique VINs...all 1981 models:

    troy-QAC-vins.pdf

    Note: The above VIN List will also be added to the website as well in the Future ... for Future reference.
    Last edited by Rich W; 06-18-2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added note

  3. #23
    Custom DeLorean Builder Rich W's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Chicagoland area

    Posts:    1,576

    My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    From the site it states that Chris Duvall was the source of the data. Does Mr duvall know the names of his counter part at the other locations?
    Chris Duvall worked at each of the QAC locations, applying the same organizational setup, given the limitations of each location.

    The Wilmington, Delaware QAC only existed for less than two months (about 7 weeks), operating mostly out of Office Trailers.
    The Bridgewater, New Jersey QAC replaced the Wilmington, Delaware QAC location, once the Bridgewater deal was completed.

    Chris setup the Santa Ana, California QAC and stayed a few more weeks, before he was sent to setup the Troy, MI QAC location.
    The Troy, MI QAC was were Chris spent a majority of his DMC career and since it was close to his family, it was also a good fit.

    Chris Duvall (Parts POG) and Jeff Synor (King POG) gave us the names of nearly all the POGs, including Bezel Bob (funny story),
    so these pieces of the POG Puzzle will be added to the website in the Future.

  4. #24
    Custom DeLorean Builder Rich W's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Chicagoland area

    Posts:    1,576

    My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    The revised VIN Master List for the Troy, MI - QAC attached below, contains 1003 unique VINs...all 1981 models:

    troy-QAC-vins.pdf

    Note: The above VIN List will also be added to the website as well in the Future ... for Future reference.

    Tony had a few free moments today, so the website has already been updated, along with some additional text:

    http://deloreanpogs.com/parts

  5. #25
    Senior Member Domi's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  France

    Posts:    2,227

    My VIN:    16951

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

    Interesting website so far!

  6. #26
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    6,882

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Chris Duvall worked at each of the QAC locations, applying the same organizational setup, given the limitations of each location.

    The Wilmington, Delaware QAC only existed for less than two months (about 7 weeks), operating mostly out of Office Trailers.
    The Bridgewater, New Jersey QAC replaced the Wilmington, Delaware QAC location, once the Bridgewater deal was completed.

    Chris setup the Santa Ana, California QAC and stayed a few more weeks, before he was sent to setup the Troy, MI QAC location.
    The Troy, MI QAC was were Chris spent a majority of his DMC career and since it was close to his family, it was also a good fit.

    Chris Duvall (Parts POG) and Jeff Synor (King POG) gave us the names of nearly all the POGs, including Bezel Bob (funny story),
    so these pieces of the POG Puzzle will be added to the website in the Future.
    Fantastic stuff Rich.

    How many POGs were there?

    Do you have operating dates for the various QACs?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  7. #27
    Custom DeLorean Builder Rich W's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Chicagoland area

    Posts:    1,576

    My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Fantastic stuff Rich.

    How many POGs were there?

    Do you have operating dates for the various QACs?
    Lots of POG information has been aqcuired over the past several years, and its just a matter of time until we get most of it confirmed and posted.

    As mentioned, this is an information website (nothing for sale) that will be enhanced over time with more POG and QAC related stories and topics.

    Not sure if we can confirm the total number of POGs that worked at the QACs, since CR Brown had a habit of firing many new hires after a few days.
    I guess if we can define a minimum amount of time worked at a QAC, then we will have a better idea of how many folks were considered true POGs.

    The operational dates of the QACs are a little fuzzy, but the lease dates for the locations are a little better defined. Each of the QACs took different
    amounts of time to setup for use (such as Bridgewater already had lifts on-site, while Troy needed lifts, extra lighting, diagnostic equipment, etc.).

    As the information is compiled, then confirmed (we have the POGs proof it all before it gets posted), more information will be added to the website.

    As in the past, we have a big POG POW WOW during the Woodward Dream Cruise every year, so it's when we get the most in-person stories, etc.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date:  Sep 2011

    Location:  Sunfield, Michigan, USA

    Posts:    2,444

    My VIN:    1798

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    As in the past, we have a big POG POW WOW during the Woodward Dream Cruise every year, so it's when we get the most in-person stories, etc.
    Sounds GREAT! This will be my first WDC with my D - can't wait to meet the POGs

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Las Vegas

    Posts:    494

    My VIN:    6720

    Club(s):   (AZ-D)

    Very interesting.
    My vin- 6720 isn't listed though... It goes up to 6719, then skips to 6732
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    Spax Shocks, DCUK springs, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI cat-less exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards

  10. #30
    Custom DeLorean Builder Rich W's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Chicagoland area

    Posts:    1,576

    My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Another interesting addition to the POGs website ...

    For those of you that had an early DeLorean processed through the Santa Ana QAC, your car may be in this QAC video.

    I acquired this video a number of years ago, with an entire box of DeLorean memorabilia from a DeLorean owner in CA.

    Thanks to Tony Swann for converting this video from an old VHS tape into a digital format, for all DeLorean enthusiasts to enjoy.

    This QAC video will eventually be posted on the POGs website, but for now, the video will be posted to YouTube initially.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtwEAvSj84U

    As a side note, this appears to be a "home video" from 1981, so there is a lot of "white balancing" being attempted at the start.
    Those of you who shot video back in the early to mid-1980's may recall white balancing the camera settings before shooting video.

    Enjoy !!

    Rich W.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •