FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: First Shipment of DeLoreans from the QAC in Santa Ana, CA - June 1981

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

First Shipment of DeLoreans from the QAC in Santa Ana, CA - June 1981

Although this link is also posted under the Historical Documentation area, I thought cross-posting it here may reach a larger audience
    that may be interested in seeing the first shipment of DeLoreans from the QAC in Santa Ana, CA, but would not normally search the
    Historical Documentation thread to find this video link. Video transferred from an old VHS tape ... sorry, no sound was available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtwEAvSj84U

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

That's a great video, even with no sound, thank you for sharing

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

As an eagle eyed owner in the UK pointed out - is that a tan Bricklin to the left of the first D at 0:05 in the video?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    As an eagle eyed owner in the UK pointed out - is that a tan Bricklin to the left of the first D at 0:05 in the video?
    Good Eye !!

The car appear to be one of the 344 "Safety Suntan" Bricklins built between 1974 and 1976. It may even be a very rare, manual transmission tan car.

It is also important to note that most off the other DeLoreans seen in the parking lot, mingling with others cars, were most likely all Engineering Cars
    that were being driven by DMC Executives and DMC POGs, including the ones with the very early "test" DMC Dealer Stripes (test stripes) on the cars.