FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Woodward Dream Cruise August 17, 2012, Detroit, MI

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Back in the day, Woodward was THE place to drag race...You could run for $100 a gear all night, until they learned your car.
    They called it "Exhibition of Horsepower" back then.
    Be nice to be able to meet you at Woodward this year... so, do you plan on coming?

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I really don't know...I've been trying to go for the last few years but I always seem to get tied up here in GA. I have a sister that lives right there which I would stay with, but she is coming down here to see our mom... but she has said that before LOL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I really don't know...I've been trying to go for the last few years but I always seem to get tied up here in GA. I have a sister that lives right there which I would stay with, but she is coming down here to see our mom... but she has said that before LOL
    If you do decide to come, you should also consider checking out Flint's 'Back to the Bricks', just prior to Woodward. In many ways, it's actually better than Woodward IMHO. I'll be going to both, so if you do come and would like to coordinate, just shoot me a message

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    I'm familiar with MGA, and used to deliver there all the time.

Actually, school took me to Lansing. A job is what convinced me to stay in the area, and cheap real estate and low property taxes (not to mention very few neighbors) is what caused me to settle my homestead in Sunfield

I had a friend who was pulled over and issued a 'display of power ticket' for spinning his tires in Reedsburg, but that was 14 years ago. Man, I'm getting old...
    "Display of power ticket" Never heard of that one before. But then I was never a fan of prematurely wearing my tires out even when I had a car that could do it.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

If you do decide to come, you should also consider checking out Flint's 'Back to the Bricks', just prior to Woodward. In many ways, it's actually better than Woodward IMHO. I'll be going to both, so if you do come and would like to coordinate, just shoot me a message
    Will do!
    Actually, my brother-in-law mentioned 'Back to the Bricks'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    "Display of power ticket" Never heard of that one before. But then I was never a fan of prematurely wearing my tires out even when I had a car that could do it.
    Apparently it was a violation of a local ordinance. At the time, my friend had a '93 Camaro Z28 with the LT1 and always drove it with a very heavy foot. Back then, I don't think he ever kept a car long enough to wear out the tires, despite how he drove his cars.

Back then, I had a '93 Cadillac Eldorado ETC - first year for the 305bhp 4.6L NorthStar V8. I used to joke with him all the time that despite him having over a full liter more of displacement, my Caddy actually made 5 more bhp than his Camaro. I actually ended up owning 4 of the final gen Eldorados in all, and still own one to this day. Too bad the NorthStar developed head gasket issues from the head bolts pulling out of the block with thermal expansion. Of course, a time-sert corrects this, but is such a major PITA!

Apparently it was a violation of a local ordinance. At the time, my friend had a '93 Camaro Z28 with the LT1 and always drove it with a very heavy foot. Back then, I don't think he ever kept a car long enough to wear out the tires, despite how he drove his cars.

Back then, I had a '93 Cadillac Eldorado ETC - first year for the 305bhp 4.6L NorthStar V8. I used to joke with him all the time that despite him having over a full liter more of displacement, my Caddy actually made 5 more bhp than his Camaro. I actually ended up owning 4 of the final gen Eldorados in all, and still own one to this day. Too bad the NorthStar developed head gasket issues from the head bolts pulling out of the block with thermal expansion. Of course, a time-sert corrects this, but is such a major PITA!
    The wife has a 95 Eldorado with A ton of miles on it now but is still a nice driver. (96-99) were the worst years for head gasket issues. Apparently the early Gen Northstar did not suffer from the pulling head bolt threads.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Banned

The wife has a 95 Eldorado with A ton of miles on it now but is still a nice driver. (96-99) were the worst years for head gasket issues. Apparently the early Gen Northstar did not suffer from the pulling head bolt threads.
    I owned a '93, '94, '95, and '96. The only one I kept was the '95, although my favorite was the '93. The '96 experienced the typical head gasket issue due to the magically lifting head bolts - actually there's a really fun story involving the trading in of that car for my first Chrysler 300, but another time perhaps. I also don't care much for the 'updated' interiors of the '96 on up - it felt cheaper to me and I preferred the grandpa leather to the European style perforated leather. Thus, of the last gen Eldorados, I only really like the '92's (that still had the 4.9L HT engine) - '95's.

Plus they're great in snow and survive salted roads pretty well.

Plus they're great in snow and survive salted roads pretty well.
    Yeah, ours did remarkably well going way past the typical 10 year rust rule. This past year seemed to be really hard on the old girl. Our first signs of real rust started showing this spring. The wife loves the car, but hates that it's beginning to show it's age, because it's still such a nice driving car.

back on topic, I went to Woodward in 2011. Had great time. It was pretty cool seeing different cars cruising the streets. Not sure if we will do it this year or not.
    DENNIS

Banned

Yeah, ours did remarkably well going way past the typical 10 year rust rule. This past year seemed to be really hard on the old girl. Our first signs of real rust started showing this spring. The wife loves the car, but hates that it's beginning to show it's age, because it's still such a nice driving car.

back on topic, I went to Woodward in 2011. Had great time. It was pretty cool seeing different cars cruising the streets. Not sure if we will do it this year or not.
    Well, if you didn't do 'Back to the Bricks' as well in 2011, then you have an excuse to come out this year for something new, right

Hope you do decide to come, as I'd love to meet you and your D!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast