FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pictures of Other (Non-D) Cars You Own

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'm confused. I haven't seen an official photo yet. What makes it official, anyway? Was it photographed by the state for tax purposes? Photographed by an appraiser for insurance purposes?

Or do we just like using the word "official" on DMCTalk, and the word doesn't actually mean anything?
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I'm confused. I haven't seen an official photo yet. What makes it official, anyway? Was it photographed by the state for tax purposes? Photographed by an appraiser for insurance purposes?

Or do we just like using the word "official" on DMCTalk, and the word doesn't actually mean anything?
    This thread, and all photos contained herein, have been sanctioned by the Ministry of Information:

Seriously, I was originally looking for a place to post pics of my Park Ave for Dermot and came across other threads like 'daily driver,' 'other cars you like,' etc, but none precisely fit, so I decided to start this broad/encompassing thread. And using the term "official" is something that I've seen done on other forums to prevent multiple threads from popping up that cover the same topic.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Oh, you mean like this thread...

...and this one...?

3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

But Farrar... Those are not official!

Here's my rides:

2011 Toyota Tacoma. My dependable vehicle and coming in very handy with the delorean restoration for hauling parts
    171993_548704821809702_2101857728_o.jpg

1988 Ninja 250. Got this as a pile of parts for next to nothing. Put it back together and running. Not much to look at but it was a fun project and saves me alot on gas!
    1048388_669779423035574_1784782634_o.jpg

And just because. A trike I modified. Installed a 50cc Honda motor off of a junk motorbike. Its very fun, dont drive it much after I got the motorbike going. However it paid itself off as being my transportation to school for a semester (no parking pass needed!)
    218803_221518221195032_6405795_o.jpg

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Oh, you mean like this thread...

...and this one...?

Darn it - I didn't even see those because I was only looking at threads in the 'Picture Zone' section.

Perhaps a mod can merge all the threads however they see fit...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jschatte View Post
    But Farrar... Those are not official!
    I'm glad someone gets the importance of being "official!"

Cool trike!

Here are a few from my stable. They are: Della - 81 DMC, Scoots - 92 Geo Metro LSI and Alphi - 2009 Hummer H3T Alpha. Not picture is: The Black Beast - 79 Ford F250 4wd w/ 400+ horses and the 46 Chevy 1/2 ton I got for my 16th birthday back in 78 (never did name her).

IMG_20130527_100845.jpg

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by lkn4ubl View Post

Attachment 20266

Just so you don't judge me, I usually buy an undervalued exotic every two years instead of a new car. Before I knew it, I was a collector. As you can see, I drive my vehicles.
    I also would like to add H1 to my collection. Any advice on purchasing and owning H1? That Ferrari looks very nice but I heard that it's very expensive to maintain. Here is my undervalued Lotus.

My VIN:    891, 1045

Quote Originally Posted by Racerx View Post
    I also would like to add H1 to my collection. Any advice on purchasing and owning H1?...
    Buy a 2000 and up. Cracking block issues and you want the newer A/C system. I've been looking a bit lately as I miss my G wagon. Other than that there aren't too many real issues...they're just not the cheapest to maintain.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    17099

Quote Originally Posted by Racerx View Post
    I also would like to add H1 to my collection. Any advice on purchasing and owning H1? That Ferrari looks very nice but I heard that it's very expensive to maintain. Here is my undervalued Lotus.
    It's funny how certain personalities are attracted to certain vehicles. The common thread between the DeLorean, Elise and H1 are the visceral appearance.

The Ferrari is actually not that bad. Mine is an 83 Quatrovalvole with the bosh K-jetronic fuel injection. If you can work on a DeLorean, you can work on the 308. Just like DeLoreans, there's an abundance of cross referenced parts and plenty of suppliers. If you plan on buying anything in a yellow box with horsies on the outside, plan on paying a premium. The car is fairly bullet proof as long as you stay on top of the engine belt maintenance. The joke about Ferrari's is that you buy the engine and they throw the car in for free. And yes, Magnum jokes are as common as flux capacitor jokes in the DeLorean. I think the Ferrari 308 is at the bottom of the depreciation curve right now and on the way up as are many cars of the early 80's. Decent 308's are in the 20's.

The Elise is a blast. Probably one of the great performance bargains and a bulletproof car (as long as you don't crack a clam....Elise owners know what I mean by this). Any Lotus right now will give you Lamborghini looks at Camry prices. I love the Esprit as well.

The H1 is a beast! I've had mine since 2004. Honestly, all of them are pretty decent and every year has its advantages and disadvantages. When I bought mine, it was a "highly undesirable gas engine model." They offered a 5.7 liter GM small block Marine motor in the 1995 and 1996 model year. It actually had more horsepower and torque than the diesel engined model of those years. The engine is bullet proof, quiet, and you can get every part at Autozone for it just by saying it is a 1995 Suburban. They require a lot of wrenching, much like a DeLorean, but they are designed to be worked on by an 18 year old soldier in the desert, if that is any indication. The diesel trucks had problems with the #8 cylinder cracking, most of those were replaced under warranty, and the PMD controller overheats and goes bad quite regularly. No known issues with the gassers, and they are rare. Very few were produced, so I think these will be worth some serious coin some day.

My wife drove it from Maryland to California without a single problem and it had almost 150,000 miles on it. Honestly, find one in your price range and exercise due diligence. I've gone to Hummer events and guys think mine is a 2006 H1 Alpha because of how clean it is on the outside and how quiet it is. I could probably sell mine for 50% more than I paid for it since they have stopped making them. There are two really good forums to be on that will square you away on any maintenance issue you can think of, much like the DeLorean.

Here is me pulling a Sheriff's Deputy out of a snow bank back in Maryland and a few other rescuesIMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg
    Last edited by lkn4ubl; 07-03-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast