FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pictures of Other (Non-D) Cars You Own

My VIN:    4534

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    And no, I wasn't on drugs at the time, although that at least would have been an understandable excuse
    I can forgive everything except that license plate

Here's a few of mine.

2012-08-13_12-49-52_843.jpgP1010007.jpgIMG00080.jpg
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    1800

And here's my 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT Plus Dually 24V 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel, with custom paint, running boards, and visor. Best diesel engine ever made IMHO!
    Man that is one clean looking Ram. That interior looks brand new.

The 2nd gen Rams are my favorite trucks. Here’s my '99 Sport.

Not very impressive though.
    Nathan D.

Current owner of #1800 - June '81, Black Interior, Manual, LS4 V8 swapped

Former owner of #3455 - Twin Turbo - Aug '81, Custom Interior, Manual

Former owner of #2923 - The "Cornfield" DeLorean - Aug '81, Black Interior, Automatic

Former owner of #5788 - Oct '81, Grey Interior, Manual

YouTube - "Going Broke Garage"

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessBullet View Post
    Man that is one clean looking Ram. That interior looks brand new. The 2nd gen Rams are my favorite trucks. Here’s my '99 Sport. Not very impressive though.
    Thanks - all my friends tell me that i tend to go overboard on detailing my cars. It's not unusual for me to spend 2 days detailing a single vehicle. But I'd like to think that the results speak for themselves

2nd gen rams are the best IMHO! And of course I made sure that mine was St. Louis, MO (Fenton) assembled! I wish I would have ordered the manual instead of the auto, but the auto's been slip free so far - even when under heavy load. I was thinking about putting dual wraparound (as opposed to through the bed) chrome slotted stacks on my Cummins, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Your Sport is tight and very impressive - I really like the flaps, roll bar, and light bar! Is it a 239 or 318?

Your Sport is tight and very impressive - I really like the flaps, roll bar, and light bar! Is it a 239 or 318?
    Thanks!

Mine has the 5.9L 360 V8. I really wish it was diesel. When my nephew is old enough to drive (another year and half), he’ll proably get the truck and I can finally justify getting a 3500.
    Nathan D.

Former owner of #2923 - The "Cornfield" DeLorean - Aug '81, Black Interior, Automatic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    I can forgive everything except that license plate Here's a few of mine.
    Thanks Kenny

That plate was actually inspired by the plate on Michael Keaton's character's car in the the film Night Shift (1982).

But apparently, not too many people make the connection (in fact, I can't think of a single person who got it in my 20 years of having that plate on that car).
    Oh well, my grandmother was thankful that I didn't have the plate say 'I B KOOL'

Looks like a nice collection you've got there - love the Monte!

Banned

Thanks!

Mine has the 5.9L 360 V8. I really wish it was diesel. When my nephew is old enough to drive (another year and half), he’ll proably get the truck and I can finally justify getting a 3500.
    SWEET! Before I bought the dually, I had a 2500 with the 360. Bulletproof workhorse of a gas engine, but sucked gas like no tomorrow.

Even worse on gas was my sister's 2500 with the V10 - it was so bad that she had me do all of her pulling for her with the Cummins. She kept that truck for all of 9 months before trading it for a first year third gen Hemi.

SWEET! Before I bought the dually, I had a 2500 with the 360. Bulletproof workhorse of a gas engine, but sucked gas like no tomorrow.
    You're not kidding! My truck averages 10mpg city and 13mpg to 15mpg highway depending on my right foot.

I will say for a gas motor it has pretty good towing power. I've hauled a jeep and my cars around with it and it never seemed to notice anything was back there.

Even worse on gas was my sister's 2500 with the V10 - it was so bad that she had me do all of her pulling for her with the Cummins. She kept that truck for all of 9 months before trading it for a first year third gen Hemi.
    I can only imagine what kind of sucky gas mileage the V10 got. Last year I had a guy try to trade me even for his V10. I’m very glad I didn’t do the deal now.
    Nathan D.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Here are my cars.

My cars.jpg
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Banned

You're not kidding! My truck averages 10mpg city and 13mpg to 15mpg highway depending on my right foot.

I will say for a gas motor it has pretty good towing power. I've hauled a jeep and my cars around with it and it never seemed to notice anything was back there.

I can only imagine what kind of sucky gas mileage the V10 got. Last year I had a guy try to trade me even for his V10. I’m very glad I didn’t do the deal now.
    Not trading was definitely the right choice!

I average about 19mpg with the Cummins, either completely empty or when towing up to about 6,000lbs. Anything more than a 6,000lbs load and the mileage starts to drop. I've never gotten less than 15mpg though, even when towing a heavy load through hilly/mountainous terrain, and have gotten as good as 26mpg completely empty.

Personally, I'd only ever consider the 5.9L Cummins - either 12 or 24 valve versions. I honestly don't care much for the newer/bigger ones - yeah they can handle a bigger load, but they're overly complex to work on and too damn quite IMHO. I like my diesels nice and loud and I like to be able to actually hear the Holset spooling up

I won't even look at either of the other diesels from the competitors, Ford - Power Stroke and Chevy - Duramax/Isuzu, as glow plugs in a serious diesel is a big no, no for me and I could never own a diesel made by Isuzu.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Here are my cars.
    That's an AWESOME collection Mike!

I'd like to one day own an S3 Lotus Esprit Turbo and an '82 Collector's Edition Vette. My dad currently owns a L79 '68 that he restored and a project in the works non-original-engined 454 '63 split window.

The PO of my D was actually going to trade it in towards an Elise before I ended up buying it from her.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast