FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pictures of Other (Non-D) Cars You Own

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    At my old job I did a lot of testing on the 2nd and 3rd row seats for that car. I nearly crushed my foot during some of them, so you better love them. The brown seats with the grey trim looked like some awful 70s furniture though.

Hmmm, Out of the options I had, Guess what interior color I went with...

NewVan03.jpg

NewVan04.jpg

NewVan05.jpg

This is my third van with Stow-N-Go seating. I Love it.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    10201

Despite what Farrar's thread and people's comments about Chrysler would lead you to believe, Chrysler does really test these things for quality. Not sure what I can say because of NDAs, but I took tons of tedious CMM measurements on the seat cushions which a consumer would probably never notice if they were off. I absolutely hated working on those lol. It didnt have much to do with the seats themselves and hopefully you love them so it doesnt feel like it was all for nothing. In case you ever need to take them apart for any reason, I can help because I have taken them apart and back together so many times over.

Just picked up my Insight this morning after the vinyl wrap was finished. This is 3M's Sky Blue color. I think it looks awesome!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Official Pictures of Other (Non-D) Cars You Own

Is this Pacifica minivan replacing the T&C ?

I looked at the old Pacifica which was a 2+2+2 when we had our old van but I have seen the ads for the new Pacifica and it is everything my Caravan was, so is it slightly bigger/smaller or just replaces it?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Is this Pacifica minivan replacing the T&C ?

I looked at the old Pacifica which was a 2+2+2 when we had our old van but I have seen the ads for the new Pacifica and it is everything my Caravan was, so is it slightly bigger/smaller or just replaces it?
    It is replacing the Chrysler Town & Country, and is built on a newer, PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) platform.

RIP Chrysler T&C
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I have seen the ads for the new Pacifica and it is everything my Caravan was, so is it slightly bigger/smaller or just replaces it?
    As mentioned, the new Pacifica replaces the Town and Country AND, the Dodge Grand Caravan.
    Cargo space in the Pacifica is supposed to be about 7 Cubic Ft. More, then the outgoing models.
    In the few days I've had the Pacifica, it seems smaller looking from the outside but, It's definitely roomier inside then my 2012 Grand Caravan.
    It's also a Lot more fun to drive.

George

RIP the Dodge Grand Caravan
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    1776

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Just picked up my Insight this morning after the vinyl wrap was finished. This is 3M's Sky Blue color. I think it looks awesome!

Nice! I've always liked the original 2-seater Insight. It looks good in that color.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    As mentioned, the new Pacifica replaces the Town and Country AND, the Dodge Grand Caravan.
    Cargo space in the Pacifica is supposed to be about 7 Cubic Ft. More, then the outgoing models.
    In the few days I've had the Pacifica, it seems smaller looking from the outside but, It's definitely roomier inside then my 2012 Grand Caravan.
    It's also a Lot more fun to drive.

George

RIP the Dodge Grand Caravan
    It seems an odd marketing choice to abandon the name that invented the minivans and replace it with the name of a fairly unsuccessful also-ran. If they wanted a clean break, I'm surprised they didn't use a new model name altogether.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I have a somewhat varied taste in cars - also had an Insight, and when the battery failed from lack of use when I retired, I sold it to the LeMay Family Collection museum where it is now on display, being a first-year hybrid. Here are some more:

BLWNAWY and my C5 Vette around 2004:
    Vette & BLWNAWY 002.jpg

BLWNAWY was sold in 2005 to finance the build of my '32 Ford roadster:
    wedding 4-1.jpg

Roadster was sold around 2013 to finance the restoration of my '57 Dodge Coronet D500 Hemi convertible (one of about ten remaining):
    57 Dodge Convertible3.jpg

And now BLWNAWY is back in my stable undergoing restoration. Still have the Vette and Dodge.
    001.jpg

What goes around comes around, they say.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Despite what Farrar's thread and people's comments about Chrysler would lead you to believe, Chrysler does really test these things for quality.
    I am convinced that my recent problem was caused by poor supply chain management and a service department at a dealership which is badly staffed.

I've got my '06 PT Cruiser turbo back and now that its problems are solved it's a joy to drive again. If I were to get another Chrysler, it would be a Pacifica because I am going to be a "family man" soon. I have always preferred Chrysler's handling to other cars I've driven, which is why I've driven nothing but Chryslers (with one exception, which I didn't like) since my first, which was a 1993. In my opinion, Chrysler has always made vehicles with the driver's enjoyment in mind.

Thanks, mr_maxime, for being part of a team that produced outstanding vehicles. My parents still have their '03 Town & Country and everything works - even the electrics!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast