FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flux3d's LED CLock

Just got done installing mine yesterday. I got the blue "prototype" version ($20 extra for blue), and damn it looks sharp! Very bright, fits like a glove, easy to set, truly spectacular!

I'm extremely satisfied with this unit. Today was the first time I drove since installing the clock, and I actually used it for once! It's awesome to finally have a clock with battery backup that's always reliable. No more checking my phone! It only has two wires, so it uses zero power when the key is off, even with the battery connected. Could not have asked for a better unit.

It doesn't come with a plug, so you have to splice the wires manually (use insulated plugs so you can disconnect it later if need be). I disconnected the rheostat and used a current tester to check when each wire got power, cross-referencing the car schematic for accuracy. The original clock has four wires as follows:

Black - Ground
    Green - Keyed hot (gets power when key is turned to "accessory")
    Red - Power from rheostat (left of the clock)
    Purple - Always hot

This clock comes with two wires, black and red. I connected the blacks together and the car's green to the clock's red, and it works like a charm! The blue gives it that more modern touch, and really "pops" against the black interior. Cannot recommend this highly enough!

My VIN:    #10719 JAN 82, Grey Interior.

Club(s):  

NEW version of the clock available

Here is the new version of the clock. The new version features a smaller display which is more in keeping with the size of the original OEM clock.

• New smaller display
    • battery backup when the clock is off
    • Time adjustment with a single button
    • bright and clear display
    • solid construction
    • 24H clock
    • available in green and blue

The new versions are $125, which includes postage to the US via recorded, signed for air mail.

In addition I'm also offering a new service where text or an image/design can be laser etched onto the lower part of the clock lens to customise the look of the clock. All you need to do is send me an image (black and white best) or the text you want adding to the lens. $25 extra for this service. I'll be doing a sample soon and will upload pictures for everyone to see.

Either contact me through here, or at [email protected]

Attachment 21290Attachment 21291Attachment 21292

Club(s):  

for some reason the thumbnails of the pictures didn't show on here, so here they are.

Oh, and forgot to say Shep the interior is looking very sharp indeed! Love the look of everything you've done. Top notch work there. Interesting stereo you have there as well. Does it pop out or something?

20130813_145013.jpg20130814_183009_LLS.jpg20130814_184025_LLS.jpg

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Looks great! Do you have any plans to make a 12 hour version?
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Club(s):  

Not at the moment. Everything else electrical is 24H, so not to sure of the benefit (other than being more OEM). Maybe in the future I'll engineer a 12H dim-able version, but not right now. I know people have asked for it, but most of the clock modules seem to be 24H, so it would mean a completely new PCB and circuit. I'm looking into it, but its not a priority right now.

What I'm saying is don't wait around for a 12H version as I'm unsure if/when it will be developed.

Quote Originally Posted by flux3d View Post
    Oh, and forgot to say Shep the interior is looking very sharp indeed! Love the look of everything you've done. Top notch work there. Interesting stereo you have there as well. Does it pop out or something?
    Thanks! It's actually a two-part thing; the bottom half is a slide-out cupholder, and the top half is a slide-out drawer. I never listen to the radio anyways, so I opted to switch it for a cupholder (which means, thanks to your clock, my power draw with the key off is now zero! )

Club(s):  

New lower price!

he units are selling fairly quick, both here in the USA and in Europe, and I'm thrilled with the feedback from people so far. With Autumn and Winter approaching, and the inevitable various jobs that will probably be keeping me busy (VOD cleaning and possibly another mk2 VW golf project to keep me busy) I'm reducing the price of the clock units to $105, which as always includes postage and packaging!

The stock I have left is as follows:

12 X Green smaller (OEM size).
    3 X Blue smaller (OEM size).
    2 X Green larger sized digits.

First come first served on these, especially the blue smaller units, which have proved popular.

Message me on here or [email protected] if interested.

flux3d''''s led clock

Monday I installed the new clock ----black to black and red to red. The dang clock was on all the time. I read Shep post yesterday and went back and put the red on the clock onto the green wire, he was right . The clock now is on only when the key is on-----thank you Shep for the info. I love the blue clock it matches all the other blue things I have installed.

Quote Originally Posted by andy blackmon View Post
    Monday I installed the new clock ----black to black and red to red. The dang clock was on all the time. I read Shep post yesterday and went back and put the red on the clock onto the green wire, he was right . The clock now is on only when the key is on-----thank you Shep for the info.
    No problem! Glad I could help

My VIN:    2861

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Another satisfied customer!

Just finished installing mine. The fit and finish of this part is fantastic. Looks like it came from the factory!

IMG_0631.jpgIMG_0648.jpgIMG_0647.jpg
    Mike

2861 - Aug '81, 5-speed, black interior, gas-flap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast