FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Flux3d's LED CLock

My VIN:    #10719 JAN 82, Grey Interior.

Club(s):  

Thanks!

Thanks Mike for the kind words. I tried to make it as good (if not better...) than the original. So far the feedback has been awesome. Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

I have a few still left, so if people want them let me know...

On another note I'm working on a rear brake strip light to fit to the louvers. It'll be using two strips of red surface mounted LED's and a custom lens assembly, and will fit either side of the central strut on the louver. Watch this space for details of a prototype.

Mark

My VIN:    5786, 3196

Club(s):   (DMA)

As soon as there's a 12 hour version of the clock, you'll be getting my money. I just witnessed an install of your current offering, and it looked great!

Club(s):  

Price drop down to $95 including postage

Hi guys. I've decided, as a kind of late January sale, to reduce the cost of these units down to $95. This includes post and packaging to the USA. This might be you're last chance to get hold of one of these clock for a while. I've not ordered in any more parts for these versions, and the new version has had to take a back seat due to demands of work. (always the way huh). Therefore I'm clearing all my stock of these units that I have.

I have:-

8 small green, OEM LED clocks

1 small blue OEM LED clock

3 larger size green LED clocks

1 larger size blue LED clock

Once these are gone they are gone, and at present I have no intention of making any more for a while, so get in quick!

message me on here, or email me at [email protected]

My VIN:    04835

Quote Originally Posted by flux3d View Post
    Hi guys. I've decided, as a kind of late January sale, to reduce the cost of these units down to $95. This includes post and packaging to the USA. This might be you're last chance to get hold of one of these clock for a while. I've not ordered in any more parts for these versions, and the new version has had to take a back seat due to demands of work. (always the way huh). Therefore I'm clearing all my stock of these units that I have.

I have:-

8 small green, OEM LED clocks

1 small blue OEM LED clock

3 larger size green LED clocks

1 larger size blue LED clock

Once these are gone they are gone, and at present I have no intention of making any more for a while, so get in quick!

message me on here, or email me at [email protected]
    In for one small green, money sent. Very excited!

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

I got mine a few months ago (the one dmruschell is talking about). One note to buyers, don't be a goof like me and overtighten the clock! I broke the plastic on one side, but glue has set everything right! It's nice to have a working clock!
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by flux3d View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is this picture of the backside of the clock that Mike posted how they adjustment button wires were intended to be routed? Mine were not tucked in like that when it arrived. I am wondering also if when the wires get tucked in to the back cavity whether it will firm or snug up the fit of the button itself as mine has a fair bit of room to move when you press on it. It's a good fit but just an extra mm or whatever of space and the button board moves slightly when you press it and I wasn't sure if this was the way it is or not.

If anyone has other photos of one not yet installed that could show a few more angles of the wiring or the button from the side perhaps I'd like to see how mine differs and what I can do to correct it. I haven't ruled out that the package was opened by our friends at the border/customs and they were effing with it, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions yet.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2861

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

I couldn't remember off the top of my head if the wires were like that when it arrived or if I did that, so I went back and looked at the pics I took after unpacking it. The wires were tucked in just as they are in the pic above. Just figured I'd check and make sure for you.
    Mike

2861 - Aug '81, 5-speed, black interior, gas-flap.

My VIN:    3937

Ok, thanks Mike. I think I can handle tucking the wires in to match that. Mine was routed over and around the acrylic, so I'll take the top off and route it under to get to the switch/button location. I'll see if the extra thickness of wiring being in there firms up how well the button sits in its place. Thanks.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Club(s):  

Well, nearly one year one.....

Well, it's been nearly a year since the whole "clock gate" sarga and my I thought I'd put an idea out to everyone. I now have access to a 3D printer, and was thinking about creating a new clock based around similar electronics as before. Indeed, similar to this clock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-in-1-Blu...item4abaa780a9

Now, let me make it very clear, for fear of starting up another "flame him" thread, this would be me importing the clock electronics and putting them into a really nice, quality, perfect fitting, new clock module and selling it for about the same price as before. Yes, it would mean importing the PCB ect from China (which lets face it most companies do anyway), but after doing loads of research the electronics just can't be found anywhere in the UK or Europe for this, unless I order a bespoke PCB. If this is what you want then Rob has a clock which is made from the ground up and is also a great product. Looking at this module it would have:

12/24H functions.
    Volt meter
    temp sensor
    original style "two" button function.

But, would not have display dimming...

What do people think?

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

As long as it works well, installs easily and doesnt cost a million quatloos should be fine...even with chinese bits....hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3