FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: PAWN STARS on History Channel - Delorean Time Machine - 07/18/13

My VIN:    4534

I think the Christine from DCS resides in Pensacola. So cool to see pictures of the second (too me...you never forget your first) Christine, thanks for sharing.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    I think the Christine from DCS resides in Pensacola. So cool to see pictures of the second (too me...you never forget your first) Christine, thanks for sharing.
    Oh, lol, took me a second, that's my evil twin, her care taker is Bill Gibson, that's the other Christine that plowed into the Camaro!

My VIN:    6514

Club(s):   (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Butcher Bob strikes again. Guess he won't be happy till he chops/converts all remaining cars to time machines.
    Havent even been to a show yet since the episode aired and I have already been hit with flak about it at work.
    Can't wait till I take the car out in public to another gathering...NOT!
    Thanx for nothing...

My VIN:    10110

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I feel bad for anyone trying to sale their car right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I feel bad for anyone trying to sale their car right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by topcop66 View Post
    Butcher Bob strikes again. Guess he won't be happy till he chops/converts all remaining cars to time machines.
    Havent even been to a show yet since the episode aired and I have already been hit with flak about it at work.
    Can't wait till I take the car out in public to another gathering...NOT!
    Thanx for nothing...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374762147.779194.jpg
    1-800-273-8255

One thing, if it hadn't been converted or Butchered as the purists call it and yes,a Delorean should stay a Delorean, but, it happens....Just like a red and white Belvedere becomes Christine!

We all know what our cars are worth so it doesn't matter that some BS TV reality show tells you it's worth $5. Really, it's called "Pawn Stars" Nothing good can come from that. I's all for entertainment.and the inflation of egos.

I had nothing to do with the show and had never heard of it, it was just a free ticket to get my dream come home to California.
    This was the only way I myself would have ever obtained one of these cars for no money out of pocket. You just trade here and there and don't take stuff to a Pawn Store, you get more at a swapmeet.

Besides, it's amazing the smiles this butchered car brings to many that will never see Christmas or their next birthday because their sick and dying. My calling for this car is Charity events. I also am a part of an organization that helps find Foster Children forever homes and our tag line is "Let's Help Give Foster Kids Back a Future". We display the butchered car to bring attention to the thousands of abandoned or neglected children that end up in the foster care system. If someone was willing to give me a non butchered Delorean to do this, great, but no one has come forward, so the butchered car will have to do

My VIN:    3028

Well that's a good use of the car. I think we can all agree that is great, but I think the anger (maybe too strong a word) was directed at videobob and not your "butchered" car.

Some of us like the attention, some of us don't. But one thing I think we all have in common is we don't like false information, or douchebags belittling our beloved car for their own personal gain. This is true for the pawn stars or videobob.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Well that's a good use of the car. I think we can all agree that is great, but I think the anger (maybe too strong a word) was directed at videobob and not your "butchered" car.

Some of us like the attention, some of us don't. But one thing I think we all have in common is we don't like false information, or douchebags belittling our beloved car for their own personal gain. This is true for the pawn stars or videobob.
    No worries, the people on this forum have been a big help and I often speak of it when I'm asked where a good source for DMC information is. I know my car isn't being attacked. Having been on a reality show myself, I'm not a fan of them.You want reality, try and land a jumbo jet in the Potomack with no power, that's reality!

My VIN:    6514

Club(s):   (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

I have no concern whatsoever of the "perceived" value because of some idiotic show...I did not buy the car for an investment or to take care of it for the next owner. I drive it constantly and enjoy it.
    If it brings a smile to a kid that may not have much time left, so be it.
    What bothers me is that everyone thinks the time machine is the "end all, be all" of Deloreans...and that if you DO NOT want a converted car or have your car done over, you are not a true fan of the car.

Seems to me that butcher bob played right into their hands...
    Whatever...

My VIN:    2848

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    This is my favorite post of the week. A better meme could not have been used. Bravo man.
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast