FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: PAWN STARS on History Channel - Delorean Time Machine - 07/18/13

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    Attachment 22613
    Which TV show should the "Attention Whore" go on next??
    Whichever one will take you outta here. For fucks sake, achieve some real fame so you can leave us little people behind so as to spare us your pathetic boasting and self promotion.
    1-800-273-8255

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Based on the objective evidence, this is the only logical conclusion that one can arrive at.
    Seems like an odd definition of "objective" you are using there...
    There is the ridiculous idea that the news should be just that, certainly not over half opinion! Like they say, a turd is a turd no matter how many peanuts are in it.
    They all suck...well beyond 'lesser of evils'...

My VIN:    3299

colinpowell.jpg

I just saw all this going on (from today's posts).

Everyone - take a breath - walk away from your computers - relax. No more blasting each other, no more saying hateful things. You got bones to pick - take it to PMs. We're done here.

I'm not doing any banning - I'm still earning my stripes. Threads I'll lock - bans - not yet.

Everyone cool off. This goes any farther and this thread will be locked.
    Last edited by DeLorean03; 10-17-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    colinpowell.jpg

I just saw all this going on (from today's posts).

Everyone - take a breath - walk away from your computers - relax. No more blasting each other, no more saying hateful things. You got bones to pick - take it to PMs. We're done here.

I'm not doing any banning - I'm still earning my stripes. Threads I'll lock - bans - not yet.

Everyone cool off. This goes any farther and this thread will be locked.

Bit late on the intervention, wouldn't you say?
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    2808 6921

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Damnit, now I can't watch Fast and Loud anymore...thanks a lot Bob.....

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post

Bit late on the intervention, wouldn't you say?
    . My view as being a moderator is I want to give people a chance to work things out. The forums don't need policing; they need a chance to work themselves first. If that fails, then I show up.

I've been watching this thread for a bit - saw Accipiter's warning - was hoping that would be the end of it. Watched it progress to this point, and felt it was time to say something.

It's a delicate balance between observing/hoping people can work it out and moderating the forums. I prefer to let things work themselves - if not...
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    . My view as being a moderator is I want to give people a chance to work things out. The forums don't need policing; they need a chance to work themselves first. If that fails, then I show up.
    Seems to me it did. There hadn't been any activity since 12:40 or something. Then you showed up with a "break it up" type post.

But by all means away... You're doing a swell job, sir.
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 10-17-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    1-800-273-8255

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Seems to me it did. There hadn't been any activity since 12:40 or something. Then you showed up with a "break it up" type post.

But by all means away... You're doing a swell job, sir.
    Thank you for your compliments.

I gave the "break it up" style post because I felt it was appropriate for everyone to know that you have moderators watching what's going on. I wanted forum users to know "Don't worry, we're not going to let it get out of hand, and if it does, we'll keep this clean." It wasn't to re-razzle the situation or re-fan the flames. It was to assure everyone here that we've got your backs. I also typed it because Accipiter gave his warning, and the thread carried on, and I know people were wondering "ok.....?? Um... there was a warning given. What in the world? Why is no one doing anything about this???" Accipiter may have had RLS (Real Life Syndrome) and hadn't gotten back to stop the thread; hence, I stepped in.

As a moderator, I know I don't have to explain any of this to anyone, but I feel it's your right to know why I do what I do. I didn't agree to become a mod to be power-hungry; I did it to protect the integrity of these forums, and to help weed out undesired drama. I want people to know the mods are just like everyone else - human beings - not some forum gods. We're like everyone else.

With all of this being said - the thread has served its purpose. Anyone wants to see the DeLorean Time Machine on Pawn Stars, they sure can either in this thread or on Youtube.

Cleanup on Aisle 4 finished.

Last edited by DeLorean03; 10-18-2013 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Typos
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18