So back in fall 2007 I was cleaning out my A/C system; unfortunatley in the course of things, the evaporator hoses broke and the evaporator had to be replaced.

Last fall (2010), my A/C started leaking again. Using a freon sniffer I found it was coming from under the dash. Today I finally got around to pulling the evaporator core and sure enough, the box was full of oil from the system, and the evaporator itself was leaking oil out from one of the corners.

The evaporator that is/was in my car (until a few hours ago) is the SpecialTAuto evaporator. Obviously considering that the evaporator failed after 3 years I'm not very interested in using this evaporator again however my choices are pretty limited.

(upon examining the failure, I am confident that it was not caused by my installation but a manufacturing defect; unfortunately Hervey only warranties his evaporators for 2 years.)

I'm pretty sure that in 2007 when I was looking at evaporators, DMCH was still selling NOS evaporators. I just checked their website and it says they now have evaporators as a DMC IMPROVED PART: http://www.delorean.com/store/p-7599...ator-core.aspx

Has anyone used this evaporator? Is it the same new one that Hervey is selling?

Thanks for the help; I'd really rather not have to replace an evaporator every 3 years.