FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: US V/S Them*SPLIT From Hush-Hush New Build[A Three Handed Sock Puppeteer Performance]

Banned

My VIN:    1798

US V/S Them*SPLIT From Hush-Hush New Build[A Three Handed Sock Puppeteer Performance]

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDino View Post
    heh. I just meant, you know. The stereotype with something like a japanese Sedan is they're tough, fuel-efficient and reliable for hundreds of thousands of miles. Plus Camrys have like...300 hp. I was really surprised to learn that!

The point is, I love Deloreans, but I'm not a mechanic. Also, I won't be using my car for a weekend car, nor a "sports" car. i.e. crazy torque upgrades or high performance stuff. That's why I drew the Camry comparison.

It's looking more and more like sending a really good pre-owned model into DPI is the smartest option.
    Guess I'm unaware of that 'stereotype,' as the stereotype I'm familiar with is that Asian made cars = utter crap, period! Now, if you're talking efficiency, reliability, and power, then nothing compares to American engineering, design, and iron!

If you want a truly reliable work horse of a DeLorean, then the man you really should be speaking to is Bill Robertson. He regularly puts 15,000+ trouble free miles on his DeLorean annually. Unfortunately, you won't be able to communicate with him via this forum, but luckily, you can find Bill and other DeLorean owners/enthusiasts over on the new forum:

www.DMCToday.com

My VIN:    814

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post

Asian made cars = utter crap,

Efficiency, reliability, and power, then nothing compares to American engineering, design, and iron!
    With all respect, and no controversy intended to anyone, is that an internationally held opinion??

a

Quote Originally Posted by andyd View Post
    With all respect, and no controversy intended to anyone, is that an internationally held opinion??

a
    No. Maybe back when.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    3937

Asian made cars = utter crap, period! Now, if you're talking efficiency, reliability, and power, then nothing compares to American engineering, design, and iron!
    No, it's not. Most of the opinions I hear are that it is actually the opposite.

But it is just that, an opinion. Why people value the opinions of their neighbors, coffee shop buddies, etc. over a person, statistic, or review from somewhere credible, I don't know. Not saying there couldn't be some truth to some of the reliability data you see, but I can't very easily validate the source, and if it is coming from a place with a bias, then it gets ignored. What's the saying? "Don't take advice from someone who will profit from you taking that advice."

I buy North American cars and appreciate the engineering that goes into them. Every car company can have quality problems or make a lemon, and they can all have recalls.

As a North American engineer myself, I have a hard time valuing these commercials you see on TV boasting overseas engineering abilities, whether it is Subarus or Hondas or whatever. I'd rather support the engineers I share a little more in common with. And those are ones in Canada or the United States. But that's just my opinion.

I have bought a couple German cars a number of years ago, but that's a different argument.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    No, it's not. Most of the opinions I hear are that it is actually the opposite.

But it is just that, an opinion. Why people value the opinions of their neighbors, coffee shop buddies, etc. over a person, statistic, or review from somewhere credible, I don't know. Not saying there couldn't be some truth to some of the reliability data you see, but I can't very easily validate the source, and if it is coming from a place with a bias, then it gets ignored. What's the saying? "Don't take advice from someone who will profit from you taking that advice."

I buy North American cars and appreciate the engineering that goes into them. Every car company can have quality problems or make a lemon, and they can all have recalls.

As a North American engineer myself, I have a hard time valuing these commercials you see on TV boasting overseas engineering abilities, whether it is Subarus or Hondas or whatever. I'd rather support the engineers I share a little more in common with. And those are ones in Canada or the United States. But that's just my opinion.

I have bought a couple German cars a number of years ago, but that's a different argument.
    DANGER DANGER DANGER- This topic may be approaching verboten ground!
    1-800-273-8255

sorry!! unintentional provocation from the other side of the atlantic...!

a

sorry!! unintentional provocation from the other side of the atlantic...!

a
    Down the British!!

1-800-273-8255

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Down the British!!

Well you can really blame us for the sh'tty car, can't you??

Or at least the bad bits. The french bits work quite well, the scottish bits seem to stand up quite well, and the US-bits seem mostly ok.

Why is my wiring loom smoking?!

a

My VIN:    6514

Club(s):   (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Anyone remember the Pontiac "Solstice" debacle???
    I had people constantly coming up to me at shows asking about it.
    Turned to be basically another publicity stunt to get their name in the news...for whatever purpose.
    Think they should just stick to the bread and butter of the business.

If you want a truly reliable work horse of a DeLorean, then the man you really should be speaking to is Bill Robertson. He regularly puts 15,000+ trouble free miles on his DeLorean annually. Unfortunately, you won't be able to communicate with him via this forum, but luckily, you can find Bill and other DeLorean owners/enthusiasts over on the new forum:

www.DMCToday.com
    Yeah, ok, we get it man. Thanks.
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 07-10-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    1-800-273-8255

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast