FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Wallingford, formerly of DeLorean Motor Company (Houston)

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Warren Wallingford, formerly of DeLorean Motor Company (Houston)

Sad to post that we just received word that former DMCH employee Warren Wallingford - the man behind the phone here for many years and personal friend to many within the DMC company and DeLorean community - passed away the evening of July 8th after a long battle with cancer. Here is what we know from his son:

He had gone into the hospital last week with some internal bleeding, which was stopped and he seemed to be recovering. He had a great weekend and was able to see his kids and grand kids.

But Monday morning, during dialysis, he went into respiratory distress and his body gave out. We are devastated that he is gone, but grateful we had the chance to see him being himself and all his grandkids were able to talk to him on, what turned out to be, his last day.

The memorial service is being planned for Thursday the 25th at 11am here in Austin.
    As we have more details about the memorial service, we'll post them here for those that are interested.
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg ww.jpg (100.7 KB, 350 views)
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I'm sorry to hear that. I only spoke with him a couple of times, but I have seen his name mentioned often.
    Last edited by Dangermouse; 07-11-2013 at 10:10 AM.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Aw, man. That's a shame. Sounds like he had a good long run, though. He'll be missed by many. My condolences.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3004

Club(s):   (DCF)

What a lose. Warren was just a fantastic guy. I swear he knew part numbers better than the catalog. I actually looked forward to talking to Warren when I ordered parts with DMCH. I met him in person once, and he was professional, courteous and above all, a real pleasure to talk to. My condolence goes out to his family.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Julee's Avatar

Peace that passes understanding - Warren lived it every time I spoke with him during this long ordeal and I was blessed by his example.

I will miss your earthly presence my friend, but I look forward to catching up with you in eternity!

My VIN:    3299

Man, I spoke with Warren for years when ordering parts. From 2003 to 2009. he ALWAYS was the man behind the phone.

The DeLorean community has suffered 2 big losses in 2 months flat. Enough please :'( ...
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I'm sad to hear this. I met Warren on July 13th, 2007 when I went down to DMC-H to purchase 01049. He gave me a ride from the facility back to my hotel room, and he was very pleasant to converse with.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    1710

How terrible. I spoke with Warren over the phone dozens of times during my years of ownership. He was always so kind, patient, and helpful. He'd never fail to call after I placed an online order to let me know when my parts had been shipped & were on their way. For those of us who have been around for a while, Warren was definitely an icon of the community.

Thanks for posting a pic of him, James. It's always good to put a face to a name. I just hate it was posthumously in this case. I just noticed that picture was taken here in Austin. My daily commute takes me down Balcones Drive... small world.
    Louie Golden

Wow. Rest in peace, Warren. We sure had some good conversations. Thanks for being so amazing to so many people.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

My condolences. What a loss to all. I will miss Warren and his no-nonsense yet friendly and professional advice...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast