FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Window not going all the way up - Perhaps a new regulator?

My VIN:    5439

Club(s):   (DOI)

Window not going all the way up - Perhaps a new regulator?

Ripped apart the passenger door in attempts to fix my window which never worked since I bought the car. Upon better inspection this time around I found one of the door guides was completely off the track. Re-installed the window and put everything in the right place. Window goes down just fine but going back up it stops just after half way. Here is a video I just shot with the problem.

If I hold it longer after it stops I'll hear a clicking sound. As soon as I hear it I'll stop and can manually push the window back up to it's place. Perhaps a new window regulator is in order?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You can try adjusting the tracks and lubricating the slides but you probably will have to replace the regulator. It can also be that the glass moved in the channel and is no longer centered making it harder for the regulator to move. To fix you have to remove the glass and reglue it to the bottom channel.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I suspect that if you look down at the little gearbox on the regulator, inside the door, you will see the screw part unraveling because the plastic sleeve part has broken. Hard to explain, but you will know it when you see it.

You may be able to tie it in place, but the new regulators have a metal sleeve to prevent this type of breakage.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"