FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Power Steering in a Delorean

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Any news on the DIY writeup and pics?
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

PING! Any news on the DIY project and write-up?

Thank you for your time!
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Quote Originally Posted by vps3922 View Post
    PING! Any news on the DIY project and write-up?

Thank you for your time!
    Sorry, I got too many other stuff to do, I just can't get to my DMC and uninstall the column to take some photos(((((

I hope to make 1 DIY manual for the power steering and power brakes (brake by wire setup that is in my mind now)

Quote Originally Posted by ai! View Post
    Sorry, I got too many other stuff to do, I just can't get to my DMC and uninstall the column to take some photos(((((

I hope to make 1 DIY manual for the power steering and power brakes (brake by wire setup that is in my mind now)
    Wow! That sounds like an interesting second project. I will wait.
    - Volker Seidel -

My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD001815

Quote Originally Posted by kajcienski View Post
    Hello! I thought I would do a quick write-up on the power steering I just had installed. Simply put, I love it. I have not done testing on rougher roads yet, but this is my first impression. The main 2 reasons for getting this unit was to make parking easier (along with slow speed turning) and so that my wife could drive it more easily. Both were accomplished with flying colors. On top of that, I love how it feels like you just glide on the road, but still very keen to the handling. I don't know if that makes sense, but there is something about the ease of steering now that feels so much better to me. I have also noticed that the wheel vibration has diminished - the unit uses a new column so not sure what part of the install has helped with that. Thoughts? I can also parallel park the car with one finger. There is a switch installed to turn the unit off. Anyway, these are my first impressions and basics on the unit. I'll report back with a new thread after I have more experience with it.
    What is the website where you got your power steering unit?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10