FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 6 liter LS2 V8 in a Delorean.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

There is an off the shelf adapter and flywheel. Its pretty pricey though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DELOREAN-C...3D171385443204

There is also an adapter via a bellhousing conversion. THe issue with this is it makes the transmission longer, and space is really at a premium. I dont see it being possible to pull off this conversion this route.

http://www.tornadosportscars.com/NewItems/Newitems.html

Nick fabbed up a custom adapter and flywheel. I am going the same route. Something else to consider is all custom transmission and motor mounts. And this is just to get the engine sitting in the car! Hooking everything up is another story!

10720647_929906113689569_312520193_o.jpg

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

This set-up looks and sounds great and I am sure that the power is amazing, but don't these headers put out a freakishly amount of heat? I read that you used insulation but these headers, catalytic converters and even the mufflers are so close to everything. I know how hot my stage I headers get when I am driving for a few miles and I am glad that the DMCH system is so small and out in the open so it can get cooled properly and does not impact the engine or any cables in the engine bay.

Not sure if you did some excessive driving or tests so far with the engine running for longer times to see if the exhaust system is melting anything.

Anyway, great job on the car. It is awesome and I will continue to follow your blog.

- Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4