FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 liter LS2 V8 in a Delorean.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

6 liter LS2 V8 in a Delorean.

Looks like Nick has some company. I think this is in Australia, not sure.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Anyone planning on doing this mod, don't forget the sandbags in the trunk to keep your front wheels on the ground.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    5482

Does Nick's have the exhaust running backwards like that (towards the front of the car)? Wonder where the exhaust tips will end up?
    Jeff

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    Does Nick's have the exhaust running backwards like that (towards the front of the car)? Wonder where the exhaust tips will end up?
    This guy has both his exhaust and intake running opposite ways of nick's. He also didnt chop out a section of the frame to clear the harmonic balancer. Looks like a very nice swap. Very big engine to stuff into one of these cars.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Yeah thats is well done swap. I really like the exhaust, I hope the motor mounts are stiff or those beautiful headers might hit the frame rails when it revs hard.

Two cats over the trans, should make for a hot area, I wonder if he will coat/wrap them to protect the trans and body. Id love to see hove the exhaust travels from there. Also how would one remove the engine or exhaust with the car's body still on the frame?

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jschatte View Post
    This guy has both his exhaust and intake running opposite ways of nick's. He also didnt chop out a section of the frame to clear the harmonic balancer. Looks like a very nice swap. Very big engine to stuff into one of these cars.
    I didn't chop out a section of my frame to clear the harmonic balancer. Maybe you're thinking of the Supra car???

The car belongs to Nathan Clark. He and I have emailed back and forth quite a bit; especially in the beginning. He contacted me first right around when I was finishing up to ask questions about the drivetrain, mounting, transmission, etc. Very cool guy. He was also part of the time machine restoration on the A car and his goal is to convert his car to a BTTF replica. I believe he is converting the body of the car while at the same time installing this motor on the frame.

Also I'll be very surprised if he can keep the intake manifold on the direction he has it. Its one thing when the body is off but once its on everything changes. Believe me I tried everything I could but when you put the body on, there is just no room. You either get the throttle body or the license plate, one or the other. Also notice he doesn't have the water pump on the engine yet. Hopefully he can use one of the lower profile pulleys but it all depends on which accessory offset he has. The setup with the alternator low sticks out more. Alternator high is closer but the alternator is really in the way.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 07-14-2013 at 06:06 PM.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I didn't chop out a section of my frame to clear the harmonic balancer. Maybe you're thinking of the Supra car???

The car belongs to Nathan Clark. He and I have emailed back and forth quite a bit; especially in the beginning. He contacted me first right around when I was finishing up to ask questions about the drivetrain, mounting, transmission, etc. Very cool guy. He was also part of the time machine restoration on the A car and his goal is to convert his car to a BTTF replica. I believe he is converting the body of the car while at the same time installing this motor on the frame.

Also I'll be very surprised if he can keep the intake manifold on the direction he has it. Its one thing when the body is off but once its on everything changes. Believe me I tried everything I could but when you put the body on, there is just no room. You either get the throttle body or the license plate, one or the other. Also notice he doesn't have the water pump on the engine yet. Hopefully he can use one of the lower profile pulleys but it all depends on which accessory offset he has. The setup with the alternator low sticks out more. Alternator high is closer but the alternator is really in the way.
    My apologies nick! I was thinking about the supra car now that I go back and look at the blog. That rear section is so thin, IMO taking anything out of it just worsens the effects of a rear end collision.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    5092

Hello all,

The video is of my DeLorean project. Thank you for the kind words and for Nicholas for his assistance.
    It's finally getting real now that it starts and my garage floor is slowly being uncovered as parts go back onto the car.
    I've been making updates to my blog to show friends where I am up to and how far she has come.

Feel free to check it out v8timemachine.blogspot.com.au/

The car probably would of be parted out if I didn't grab her as she needed a lot of work, so I can sleep easy about modifying her

Cheers,

Nathan

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Hey Nathan! Glad you could stop by! I had been watching your blog for a while without seeing an update; didn't realize you updated in June. I got worried that the project was on hold. I'm glad it's moving forward as planned! Keep up the good work, the craftsmanship looks great! Is 2 people enough to start an LS DMC club? Haha!

My VIN:    5092

Sorry Nicholas, I was a bit busy working on the car and a few other projects to post any updates. I'm sure you know what it's like. Lol. I will try and get a few more backlogged posts up, but they should get more exciting from here on in

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast